• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 Wet Tank Valve ID on front of Tank Where CTIS Pressure Sensor is.

Brogman

On the front of tank there is a pressure sensor for the CTIS on one side. In the middle is a pressure regulating valve. On the other side is the CTIS supply to the valve in the cab. They are all connected to the Wet Tank by a quad fitting.
What does the middle pressure regulating valve and line go to. Is it part of the CTIS?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The round part on the far left? Not the broken part.

If not take a picture with your finger pointing to it.

The far left round one you see is the pressure protection valve for the horn and secondary stuff.

Attachments

Last edited:

Brogman

Thanks for the info simp. My valve is smaller and a different design but it must do the same job.

According to the TM the other line I removed had to supply the CTIS but it was not specifically labeled in the TM. The TM only shows a CTIS diagram with that line coming off the wet tank along with the pressure sensor that is in your picture for the CTIS.

Brogman

My valve is smaller. Is that one in your picture the MBI KN31000 from the sticky? I couldn't get the picture to in large so I could see it better. Do you plug the out and one of the exits to use the KN31000 since there is only one line out of the valve on the truck?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
. KN31000 is a pressure protection valve and is located on the Wet tank. The line off of it should be yellow and goes to the rear of the truck behind the air dryer and around to a block just in front of the transfer case front bracket to a 4way block. The other side of it goes to the primary tank that has a shut off valve. It can be fat and round and small with a little hat/knob style on one end.

Pressure protection valves can look like the ones below.

Attachments

Last edited:

Brogman

The one I have looks like the top Middle Picture. The one I just ordered for a spare looks like the bottom picture. So I will need to plug two of the holes. The exit and one of the top holes. I like my little one. Thanks.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
So it stays closed until 65PSI or it limits it's output to 65PSI? I thought it was a limiting valve to keep the pressure lower than @120.
No. It is a protection valve. It opens and sends air to secondary functions after it opens at 65psi. Horn,transfer case,wipers. In the event of an air leak if you cant build to 65 it prevents air from reaching non necessary operating components. causing wasted air.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Burly17

The round part on the far left? Not the broken part.

If not take a picture with your finger pointing to it.

The far left round one you see is the pressure protection valve for the horn and secondary stuff.
Hi simp,

I have a couple different messages to you about this same thing but the PN i need is for the hanging green pressure sensor in this pic.. did you ever have any luck replacing yours? mine is broken in exactly the same way and is giving me a error with my ctis system

thanks,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks