• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923a2 what are my tire options?

I got an M923a2, with ABS MWO, on super singles 14.00R20 Michelin X. The tires have cracks due to old age and exposure to elements, so I am not comfortable driving it like that. What are my tire options? Are 16.00R20 any good for this truck? I heard that the 6CTA8.3 is a total dog on 16's. Any pointers as to where I can get decent set of tires for a reasonable price would be appreciated. I am looking for good tires, not weathered or cracked.

sandcobra164

I'd get another set of 14's for it if you're going to keep it stock. I pulled a 23,000 pound truck (M818) behind a M936A2 and it had power to spare!! The 6CTA motor can get a cheap tune up and pull the 16's and I'd likely go that route if it was my truck. I just don't have one in my backyard anymore!!!

Attachments

I am not too concerned about the 6CTA8.3, there are applications where it makes over 300 Hp. It's tha automatic trans that worries me. I am unsure whether it can survive extra torque.

sandcobra164

it's an Allison unit that was up to the Military Specs and the Wrecker Variant has the exact same trans and it was designed to at minimum pull another M936 behind it. It's got a good trans in it. The A2's have over 100 pounds of torque over the NHC250 powered trucks and the trans is not a weak link on them either.

emr

All true sandcobra and good info, 1400s are the way to go, alot of guys like bigger tires, like anything else in this world, when u gain something, you lose something, the tires it was designed for is always the best no ,matter what,

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it was up to me I would put the 395/85 20's on it. They are in abundance and handle really well on my M923a1. I run the goodyear MVT's on my five ton and the Michelin XML's on my M35A2. Just my thoughts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks