• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m923a2 with straight pipe

infidel got me

Do you have some pictures of your stack? I need some ideas. I want to straight pipe but keep the top stack and heat cover all in their original places and angles.
I will take some pics. in am.I cut the muffler out,reused the top pipe,and just welded the original muffler flange[clamp type]on bottom.I still retained heat shield.Has a deeper tone,but not my neighbors hate my truck loud.

infidel got me

View attachment 529333View attachment 529335View attachment 529336
Do you have some pictures of your stack? I need some ideas. I want to straight pipe but keep the top stack and heat cover all in their original places and angles.
Hope this helps.
I cut muffler section for bottom clamp attachment,added straight pipe,and welded together.
I measured muffler length so stock height would be retained.
The factory heat shield can be used with no mods.
Be careful when removing muffler,it is heavy/awkward.
Good luck

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK...So I had a few minutes of quiet time this week so I ordered parts to straight pipe my 923A2. Could not find anyone to bend 4" pipe so here is what I did. Quite painless and only about $160.
2- 45 Degree 4" elbows from NAPA #EXH41632
1- 10 foot piece of 4" exhaust tube. Why? Cause it only comes in 10 foot sections and was $60 with the online coupon. NAPA #EXH49012. Just make sure you order QTY. 10.

Take your time...grind the weld off the top (the curved exhaust that is on top of the muffler) where the flare is. Use the flare on the one elbow where it replaces were the muffler was. Line things up to see what angle things are looking like. I cut 1.5" off the top section of the first elbow. The one the flange/flare goes on the bottom of.
The top pipe (straight one) I cut at 42" high.
Welded the sections together with my little Mig welder. #3 power #4-5 speed.
Clean up the welds, wipe with paint thinner, paint with high temp paint...still need to get this part done.
Will share completed photos when I have another me day!!
flare.jpg
IMG_2992.jpg
IMG_2993.jpg
IMG_2994.jpg
IMG_3005.jpg
IMG_3007.jpg
IMG_3006.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks