• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 Won't Stop Building Air

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have had this issue on several trucks as well. All,were brand new refurbs with everything replaced in the air system.
the drier is not perfect by any means....I get minor condensation from my air tanks upon draining on even warm days, the PPV is not after the drier from what I see...I have taken the PPV apart and always find the needle rusty.
its too cheap of a part to fart around....I now replace all my PPV's when I get a truck....just not a big deal at 20-30ea.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
According to the air schematic (TM 23-5, Foldout page 13) the only thing between the compressor (AK) and the Air Dryer (V) is a 250 psi pressure relief valve (W). The PPV is down stream from the air dryer.

Jeep Nasty

I have had this issue on several trucks as well. All,were brand new refurbs with everything replaced in the air system.
the drier is not perfect by any means....I get minor condensation from my air tanks upon draining on even warm days, the PPV is not after the drier from what I see...I have taken the PPV apart and always find the needle rusty.
its too cheap of a part to fart around....I now replace all my PPV's when I get a truck....just not a big deal at 20-30ea.
Where and whats the part number that your getting PPV's for 20-30 bucks?