• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m925 and m925A2 winch systems

2old2humps

does anyone know if the complete winch system will fit from a m925 to a m925A2. i am concerned the pump may not interchange. they are both Allison trannys, but i dont' know if the same model. I have never looked under a w/winch truck. Are the trannys behind the NH250 and 6cta8.3 the same. Thanks.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Are the NSNs the same in the -24 p, if they are then the trans is the same.

Last edited:

camoyj7

We put a winch from a m925 to a m923a2 and like Derrickl112 said the control mount is different. Also the drive shaft from the pto to the pump is a different length. I think it's because the nhc250 is a lot longer than the 8.3 Cummins.

dikwks

I'm going to be doing the same thing, winch from 925 to 923A2. Looks like everything will transfer over except the controls. I wasn't sure about the PTO driveshaft, but suspected it would be a problem. Checked the TMs and it is a different part number. There are two different PTOs but one was used on both A and A2 trucks. My solution (I hope) to the controls part is going to be using the 925 doghouse to mount the trans and winch controls. If anybody else has done this, please post up. What stuff did you run into? Dick.

dikwks

If by the CTIS module you mean the part with the lights, I don't anticipate any problems there, it looks like an add-on to the shifter tower. Any differences in the angle of the two shifter towers can be accommodated by the flexibility of the wires. I am more concerned with the mass of hose and other stuff beneath the sheet metal cover that attaches to the doghouse, but that I'll figure out as I go. Either way( success or failure), I'll try to post up on what I come up with. Right now, I'm still concentrating on getting the donor cab repaired and on the truckDSC02730.jpgDSC02729.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks