• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 Big tire size, Middle axle bearing seal failure. Need replacement?

carbonraptor

Hi there, I am looking at replacing my middle axle driver side bearing seal. It seems that the whole drum is coated now from the leaking fluid. Does anyone know the tools I will need to swap it out? And also possible the procedure to do this? I also need to know a place or someone who I can purchase replacement parts from at a good price. Something else I wanna menchine is that my avatar is the vehicle with the problem so you have a exact idea on the rig im doing this to. Many thanks!

emr

Look up the TM s .. The TM section will walk you through it, also try the search function, this kind of thing has a ton of posts I would bet, good luck, Its not hard and not many tools needed...

searls84

Try Eriks military surplus or Boyce Equipment for the seals. Very simple to do, just everything is heavy. If search this topic there are a couple threads the will walk you all the way through it along with pics to go with each step. Good luck!

carbonraptor

Unfortuneltly I have yet to complete it. I ended up having to relocate 170 miles and im still finishing up with the move. Wednesday this week I have to head back down to grab the truck with my uncle's semi and stepdeck trailor. I am just going to bring it home that way for now. Its cheaper than repairing it right now so with the cost of the move and everything its just easier. But I will post up the results when i get it finished tho! :driver: