• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 dump conversion

$400, twin 5x20, Knaphoist from Craigslist, gives me 11-1/2 to 13-12 ton capacity and 50 degrees angle , Knapheide also had a twin 5x27 that would have been about perfect.

I would liked to have been able to dump 13 ton, no mater how its loaded, and get at least 60 degrees for sticky mud, but it's close enough for the price.
Nice buy. Give $300 for mine. Im guessing on the capacity on mine it back further than the chart recommends. Also guessing about a 60 degree dump angle. A big plus im hoping is my spool valve. Is has an adjustable relief, its set at 2,000psi but capable of 3,000 psi. On omaha standard's spec sheet they rate there hoists at 3,250 psi.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Hoping to hit it hard this weekend. Have to work a half day tomorrow but im optimistic in getting the subframe done and a start on the box.

tobyS

Do the channel frame members, with the additional height, just set on top of the lift.... so you don't have to make a pocket?

Yes the lower hoist mount is built into the subframe to sit below the box rails. I do have to cut holes and weld a tube into the bed rails for the top mount. Im going to box the rails the full length of the bed first though. I have to remove two cross members from the bed and essentially box off a spot for the hoist to fit under the bed. I have exact 1" of clearance from the highest point of the hoist to

tobyS

"Highest point"... to the bed plate???

Now's the time when a rotisserie turner would be nice, working overhead is a PITA.

Yeah the bed plate. I was in a hurry trying to post at work and not get yelled at for being on my phone.....�� im going to flip the bed just like jbulach did. Beauty of having to skid steers around. Some day ill get the old bantam crane running again. Ive toyed with a theory of putting it on a duece & half. Its on an ancient 6x6 truck right now but it has issues.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, trying to calculate for weld shrinkage is a PITA. What was your original clearance on your pins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So its been awhile but there was a big push to get this project done so i didnt get to document it like i wanted. Heres my rear hinge and some work after. Im gonna try and get some pictures before i finish painting the bed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks