• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 from ft lewis to redding ca or close

jrod66

Like the title says I have a 925 at ft lewis, truck runs awaiting euc, I am looking for a price quote to redding ca or southern oregon, thanks.

jrod66

that is actually the plan, I am trying to get an idea of what shipping would cost and see which would be cheaper, I like the idea of the adventure

wsucougarx

The drive from JBLM to southern Oregon is beautiful. The only issue I had was the Portland traffic. We have plenty of SS along the I-5 corridor to assist with any issues.

jrod66

Thats awesome thanks! Yep I am gonna try and drive it, I have asked a few friends but most have ruled against driving it, I think it will be fine, I have read alot of the acquisitions here on the board and with some prior proper planning and the TM's thanks to SS it should go smoothly :beer:

youngunbd

If you head up I-5 maybe take a nice little 10 mile side tour and I'll buy you lunch, I definitely want to see a 925. There is another MV owner up the road that likes to drive the duece to school haha

like cougar said, there should be plenty people along there to help. The only help I'd be good for is to look at things and say "yep, that don't look right"

Truckoholic

Yeah, sure bad things can happen when you drive an unfamiliar, old truck home, but yeah, half the fun of buying these dang things is in the recovery. I have bought various vehicles far from home just for the adventure of going and driving them home. So far I have not driven any of the three military trucks I've bought home, because all three of them were obviously in non running condition. But my M925a1 actually runs and is just missing all of it's gauges. I have all new gauges now ready to take with me when I go to get it, and I have my big truck and trailer to haul it on myself, but I am really thinking I would rather drive it home just for the fun. I bought a one way trip permit today at the DMV just incase I decide to drive it instead of haul it.

But yeah, to have a lowbed or some other professional company move that truck for you that distance, you're probably looking at about $2000 or so. If you put it on Uship, you would have a bunch of guys bidding $4,000 or so before finally going down. Might even get as low as $1500 or so, but then you have to question the reliability and trustworthiness of someone willing to haul that distance for that amount. I put mine on Uship, and only got one bid of $3400 just to bring mine up from Barstow! That's just ridiculous! I am a truck owner, and I know how much fuel and work it would take for me to do it myself, and it sure as heck doesn't come anywhere near that! I've hauled a few loads for people on Uship. Too bad I didn't get the 925a1 up there at Ft Lewis that I was interested in, and too bad I don't have a trailer that can haul two of them, or I would have hauled yours and mine down, and dropped yours off on my way home!

I've hauled MANY loads between the Tacoma area and here. I really like that drive.

Last edited:

jrod66

I got a quote today for 1900 bucks but for that price I would def rather drive it, I was watching that truck on gl (missing the guages) was that a civi truck? whats with the weird color? and it looks like its in really good shape, good luck with you recovery, my mother in law lives in quincy, I will have to bring the 925 next time I am up that way and I will buy you a beer, or lunch and we can chat and I can check out your truck if you dont mind, thanks for all of the input it helps me solidify my decision to drive it home

Truckoholic

Yeah we will definitely have to get together sometime with our trucks. I was happy to see your post and see that there will be another 925 owner that close to me. It's fun to meet others who are into these trucks.

My truck is a Us Navy Seabees truck. So I guess that od grey bluish color was just their color in whatever unit and years this truck was being used.. There were two of these identical trucks being auctioned off that day. I had not seen any that color before. I'm kind of partial to the Navy and Seabees because my grandpas served in the Navy, and I've got a few friends who were Seabees. I intend to paint mine with a green and flat black camo job but restore the Us Navy Seabees letting and bumper numbers because I want it to stand out as an obvious military truck rather than people looking at that grey color and not knowing what it is.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks