• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 Hydraulic Pump GPM??

twrecks

I have been looking but not finding a definitive answer plus it's cold and raining out so I'm not inclined to go lay under the truck. I have a 1986 AM General M925 with a hydraulic front winch powered from a pto on the allison auto trans. I need to know the gpm of the hydraulic pump for the winch. It is just a plain 925 with just the winch, no other hydraulic options. I am relocating the winch to another truck and need to get a correct sized pto to run the winch. I cannot reuse the PTO from the 925 allison for my application. Thanks in advance, ya'll are always a great resource.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You need a 60% pto. Around 40hp. Give me the transmission model and I can tell you the correct pto

GPM doesn't matter. GPM is about speed. 20gpm is about base. 30gpm if you want more speed BUT you need a bigger tank or the hydraulic fluid will get too hot for the speed.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been looking but not finding a definitive answer plus it's cold and raining out so I'm not inclined to go lay under the truck. I have a 1986 AM General M925 with a hydraulic front winch powered from a pto on the allison auto trans. I need to know the gpm of the hydraulic pump for the winch. It is just a plain 925 with just the winch, no other hydraulic options. I am relocating the winch to another truck and need to get a correct sized pto to run the winch. I cannot reuse the PTO from the 925 allison for my application. Thanks in advance, ya'll are always a great resource.
Assuming the same pump as my A2.

Pump is rated at 27 gpm, 3000 psi, and 2700 rpm max., but pressure needs regulated to 1700-1800 psi, and with pto ratio, engine rpm is 1800 max.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks