• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 Hydraulic Pump GPM??

twrecks

I have been looking but not finding a definitive answer plus it's cold and raining out so I'm not inclined to go lay under the truck. I have a 1986 AM General M925 with a hydraulic front winch powered from a pto on the allison auto trans. I need to know the gpm of the hydraulic pump for the winch. It is just a plain 925 with just the winch, no other hydraulic options. I am relocating the winch to another truck and need to get a correct sized pto to run the winch. I cannot reuse the PTO from the 925 allison for my application. Thanks in advance, ya'll are always a great resource.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You need a 60% pto. Around 40hp. Give me the transmission model and I can tell you the correct pto

GPM doesn't matter. GPM is about speed. 20gpm is about base. 30gpm if you want more speed BUT you need a bigger tank or the hydraulic fluid will get too hot for the speed.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been looking but not finding a definitive answer plus it's cold and raining out so I'm not inclined to go lay under the truck. I have a 1986 AM General M925 with a hydraulic front winch powered from a pto on the allison auto trans. I need to know the gpm of the hydraulic pump for the winch. It is just a plain 925 with just the winch, no other hydraulic options. I am relocating the winch to another truck and need to get a correct sized pto to run the winch. I cannot reuse the PTO from the 925 allison for my application. Thanks in advance, ya'll are always a great resource.
Assuming the same pump as my A2.

Pump is rated at 27 gpm, 3000 psi, and 2700 rpm max., but pressure needs regulated to 1700-1800 psi, and with pto ratio, engine rpm is 1800 max.