• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 Ignition switch

SFCPappy

I'm brand new on here but I really need some technical assistance that I can't find in the -10 or -24 manuals.

Just bought a 1984 M925 and drove it from Indiana to Tennessee. Had to bypass starter circuit due to it not having an ignition switch. I now have a switch but the wire markings area pin numbers and the switch is marked R B S. I know that means run, battery and start but the cable is not marked as such.

Can anyone tell me which wire goes to which pin??

Thank you for allowing me into the group.

SFCPappy

Finally figured out the proper pattern. Exercised the gremlins out of it. Now it starts and stops per the -10. Found the emergency fuel shut off bypass valve screwed in. Adjusted back to open(clockwise). Reset the electronics and starts as it should. Operating all electric input gauges and warning devices. Tomorrow when I can see I'll post the proper ignition switch wiring connection. Took it out on the farm to test all equipment. Only problem found was the high/low range lever will not operate properly. Will trace out and PM all linkages. Winch works great. Pulled her up a grade then pulled down the tree. 12" trunk. All in all not bad for $2335 purchase price.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Our site rules require you include your state in your location.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, Thank you.

tobyS

Hi Pappy, I'm tobyS and am new too. I purchased (3) 84 five ton cargo trucks, two rebuilt with super singles. I was going to sell the first one, but am having second thoughts. I may use it for the power of a portable sawmill. The second will get a dump bed addition and the third bobbed with a knuckle-boom center mounted and short dump bed. Should get better mileage with one axle removed, yet still be a good tow vehicle. One is home, two need retrieved (drop deck). Have fun...toby

Triple C

Welcome SFCPappy, sounds like you are off on the right foot! Post up a picture of your truck if you get the opportunity, we love pictures.

SFCPappy

Well switch is in correct. But gremlin is back. Battery switch ON. Fully charged batteries. Ignition switch to ON and no power to starter solenoid or instruments. Set fuel pump to BYPASS and jumper start the starter. Engine runs but still no power to gauges. Rev engine to high RPM and gauges and warning lights activate.

So is this a voltage regulator sticking or a relay somewhere?? 1984 M-925 hardtop.

Also will post some pictures this afternoon.

SFCPappy

I'm thinking the reason is possible bad battery(s). Doing a full charge then checking the gravity in each cell.

But you asked for them. Here are pictures of my latest family member.
1984 AM General M925. Bought at GL for 2335.00 Truck center Indianapolis.

Attachments