• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 winch info needed

74M35A2

Will do! This is a BIG plow with massive, angle cylinders. The lift cylinder is a lot smaller, but I think I should be able to regulate the speed with throttle and maybe a little finesse of the spool.
I hope to get back on this in a few months. Looks like farmerboywyotech might get to do some testing before me.

Too many amps! Wait, in this case, it would be too many gallons, or not enough. "Power Beyond" always sounds like something from Star Wars. In reality, it means a valve whos return (Tank) port that can handle pressurization of a second valve further downstream of it, vs one that can't?

Last edited:
Too many amps! Wait, in this case, it would be too many gallons, or not enough. "Power Beyond" always sounds like something from Star Wars. In reality, it means a valve whos return (Tank) port that can handle pressurization of a second valve further downstream of it, vs one that can't?
It actually has a seperate out flow that lets the pressure free flow through when not using it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So i finally looked hard at my pump and it says right on it that its vane pump not a gear pump

Correct, mine is a Vickers 26VQ-14-A-1-C-20.

Max ratings 27 GPM, 3000 PSI, 2700 RPM, 62.5 HP, inlet vacuum 5" of Hg, inlet pressure 20 PSI, using SAE 10w.

I have not verified my PTO ratio yet, but apparently the max allowed operating engine RPM of 1800, puts to pump at it's max of 2700 RPM. Going by memory this theory matches the ratio that tobys came up with in another thread.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It actually has a seperate out flow that lets the pressure free flow through when not using it.

Let me take a guess at it...

Your dump bed valve, power beyond outlet, flows freely when it is in neutral and connects to the inlet of your winch valve and can handle pressure, when the winch valve is activated. The tank return on your dump bed valve only flows the fluid that was used by it's work ports, in this case the oil that exhausted out of the dump cylinder.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks