• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925A1 differential drain plug? I need one!

carbonraptor

Like the title says, I am in need of a drain plug for my middle axle. I had to do a repair on my bearing seals and the plug was seized so i had to drill it out. Does anyone here have any idea where to get one? I normally use Ericks Military Surplus but I did not see anything on his site. Any advice is greatly appreciated guys thanks!!

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I bet napa or fleetpride will have something. If you had to drill it out are the original threads ok? If not an original one probably won't work you might need something a little bigger and tap the hole out to size.

61sleepercab

Big question did you save threads? Plug is probably a coarse pipe thread which will have a tapered thread. If you lost threads you would have to go to the next pipe size and tap new threads. Usually best to hollow out plug to near threads and take punch and collapse hollowed plug to the center and pull or turn out. You can sometimes save the threads that way. Good luck Mark

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Big question did you save threads? Plug is probably a coarse pipe thread which will have a tapered thread. If you lost threads you would have to go to the next pipe size and tap new threads. Usually best to hollow out plug to near threads and take punch and collapse hollowed plug to the center and pull or turn out. You can sometimes save the threads that way. Good luck Mark
My two trucks don't have pipe-threaded plugs. They are straight threads with a crush washer.

carbonraptor

ill check out the site, yea im a CNC Machinist/Programmer lol, military trained and bout 11 years experience so i knew i could drill it out no problem, used a EZ out to get the remaining plug out. The threads perfect but the plug needless to say is gone lol. It is strange how they made the plug out of aluminum tho instead of steel. if it came down to it i could go and make a plug for it but thats a lotta setup time and programming that id rather just pay someone for hahaha just not worth it for one part. hopefully the sites got the plugs i need! :)

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had one that would not come out and I used a little heat on it, then it broke loose.