• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925A1 possible problem

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys I have a question and I could find nothing pertaining to this possible problem in the TMs or the operators manual. This morning I fired up my 925A1 and was pulling some trees over with the winch, everything worked great but in a couple of the larger trees I noticed I was dragging the truck as I was pulling on the tree. I had the parking hand brake set and as it dragging the truck my observer came over to the cab and told me that my front tires were turning as in the brake was not holding them like the rears. After a minute of thinking I remembered the parking brake only actuates the rears so all is good, so during my next pull I had the hand parking brake set and I was holding my foot on the brake pedal also thinking this will lock up the front brakes also but it did not, the front tires would still roll as all 4 rears were locked and dragged on the gravel road I was pulling from. Do I have a problem here or is this a symptom of the antilock brake update on the truck?
Thanks much guys and all thoughts are valued!

Karl

74M35A2

ABS is on the rears only. Foot firm on pedal should have stopped the fronts. I'm not an air brake expert because mine has not broke yet, but....

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
74m35a2 I am thinking along your lines also I would have thought foot on the pedal would have locked the fronts also. Well I hope a couple more folks chime in with answers. Thanks much for your reply.
KK

162tcat

You have to push the pedal pretty hard to "lock" them. Anything but hard to the floor will just create resistance otherwise you'd be locking them up every time your trying to stop in the rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The winch will pull the truck forward because it is rated higher than the empty weight of the truck. That's why the wreckers have the hold back spades that scotch it and keep it from being dragged when the wrecker is winching.

You need to scotch the tires and maybe put some ballast in the back of the truck.

Are you using snatch blocks to increase the mechanical advantage of the winch?

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Front brakes have about half the force of rear brakes. They make them that way on purpose so you always have steering when applying brakes hard.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Engage your front axle, then the rear brakes will hold the front.
I can stall my winch, single lined on most surfaces, empty, with all six wheels locked.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks