• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925A2 Cold Start

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My ether injector is apparently not working. When the switch is pressed on the dash, does it send 24v to the solenoid on the ether injector? If so, it isn't. Not getting voltage at the switch / button either, which is plugged in. Any ideas?

Thank you.

MAdams

You have to have fuel pressure for the circuit to be complete so that means the engine has to be cranking for the solenoid to open.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unless you are experiencing 20 degree temperatures, you should not need it at all.

A look at the schematic should help you understand how it works.

Reading the operating instructions on the dash or in the -10 TM should help too.

74M35A2

This one is a good example of read the manual, I would have to admit.

During cranking, press and hold the ether button for 3 full seconds. This fills a cup, which when the button is then released, this measured quantity is administered to the engine in a calibrated way. When the button is released is when you will observe the engine to fire. Hold for 3 full seconds during cranking, then release the button while still cranking. It does not activate unless the starter is engaged and the engine temp is cold. There is no fuel pressure interlock, that information is not correct.

Ether is not allowed into a warm engine because it can cause an over-RPM condition, since the governor does not have control of the engine. The system works perfectly as stock.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks