• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925A2 Hauling capacity

sandcobra164

Wes,
I may be confused but I think you sent me a scale ticket when you picked up a load from my house showing over 13,000 on the steer axle? If I am confused, please clarify and I do not know the DOT laws that apply.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Wes,
I may be confused but I think you sent me a scale ticket when you picked up a load from my house showing over 13,000 on the steer axle? If I am confused, please clarify and I do not know the DOT laws that apply.
My scale ticket was off because the rear trailer scale wasn't operating properly and i had a little of the wheel on the front tandem on the drive scale. It was a cat scale. Ill get one tomorrow maybe. I dont stop for DOT scales. I am private and not hauling for profit so if they want to find out what i weigh then they have to run me down and weigh me. Especially during daytime. They really don't know who you are. a 916 is 13k as what castle bravos ticket had. I am sure a 923 is around 10,500. Its fine line on what state you drive thru on scale stopping and what not. But i am not gonna volunteer to stop.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are close, 34k on the drives, 12k on steer are the legal DOT weights. This does not take into account if the tires and truck meet the weight ratings.
34k on a typical dual wheel or super single setup. Not on a single 10 inch wide wheels.
Plus up to 20k on the steer with wide enough wheels

M925A2 with dump hoist

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
This is my scale ticket from today. This is with 1 full tank. All my typical equipment i carry and my new winch in the back. This is with my other fuel tank empty. uploadfromtaptalk1469296446747.jpg

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. We did two loads total for driveway, nearly nine ton ea. No troop seats and loads were heapeed to drop sides. Engine and trans stayed cool, twenty miles plus from gravel dock to farm. Brakes felt safe to me. Hit maybe 48 mph max.
Did the gravel put enough pressure on the tailgate making it hard or impossible to unlatch it?

I plan on using the tailgate primarily and maybe the sides later.

Ford Mechanic

Almost 9 tons here. It puts enough weight against the sides and tailgate that you have to shovel them free first.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

WYomer

my 13.5klbs load was just below the sides where his is at the top. 58lbs of air and no issue even up hill

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm really not wanting to possibly ruin the bed paint, but I'm tired of paying a $225 haul fee on top of the cost of the gravel. Almost 20 miles from gravel place to ranch.

Crazy when I have trucks that can handle the weight.

WYomer

I'm really not wanting to possibly ruin the bed paint, but I'm tired of paying a $225 haul fee on top of the cost of the gravel. Almost 20 miles from gravel place to ranch.

Crazy when I have trucks that can handle the weight.
13.5klbs and it didnt hurt the paint at all. I'd make sure the fold down side braces are on though. The inside ones with L hooks and adjustable center bar. The loader has to go high to load so it doesnt drop far, just sits there

Ford Mechanic

I've got a big job box mounted against the front wall of the bed, that's why my load is so far back and tall. I would bet with just a set of side boards and no toolbox I could hit 16 ton's of rock or better!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
13.5klbs and it didnt hurt the paint at all. I'd make sure the fold down side braces are on though. The inside ones with L hooks and adjustable center bar. The loader has to go high to load so it doesnt drop far, just sits there
Totally missed the k

Good to know about the paint.
I plan on getting a full 10 ton on first trip.

Edited to correct 10 ton to 10k

Last edited:

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter

My sideboards are 12" tall x 2.

13.5 ton of fill sand is to the top of the tailgate all the way across and right at the top the first 12" board all the way around.

Don't forget you already weigh 6 ton on the rears empty and I believe most of the 14.00x20 tires are rated at a shade under 5 ton each. So 14 ton will max your tires out at 100psi

This weight is my rears only 39,620

M925A2 with dump hoist

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have an idea if they upgraded the rims on the wreckers when they went to 90PSI? Betting Suprman might know?

M925A2 with dump hoist

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks