• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925a2 Power Surge

74M35A2

Factory block mounted spin on coolant filter. Can be mounted here or next pad rearward. The unused pad is the coolant taps for the turbo. Heater core supply is at rear of block, and returns to water inlet pipe up by water pump, I believe. Still have to investigate it.

IMG_2741.jpg

Last edited:

74M35A2

Yep, and you're spot on, they will. It will be the only clue to 400hp and 37psi of factory VGT boost, so let em'.

I just bought a used alternator, and can't really make use of my own A/C compressor bracket that so many of you enjoy. Both are modern 4 bolt pad mount type. Avatar pic is about to be obselete, bummer. I guess next one will have to be simp getting dragged backward with smoke coming from his tires.

Last edited:

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes! Let the chroming begin!

What was wrong with the alternator, A/C, and bracket that came with the 8.9?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

74M35A2

Well, just one thing shiny.

The ISL alt, A/C compressor, and starter were all 12v since it was a US on-road vehicle (RV), so they are now off and in the scrap bin. Alt was 12V 160A Leece. Starter was old type Delco, and compressor was Sanden. Free for local pickup, will cost you if you want me to ship. PM if interested. They likely work, but are each 4 bolt pad mount, starter is regular 3 bolt mount. Existing MV 8.3L uses older type mounting patterns. I could likely carry over my existing 24v alt and A/C compressor to the ISL if I moved the thermostat housing and such over, but I am trying to keep my 8.3L nearly 100% complete to sell it. I even bought a second 8.3L oil pan to use on the ISL as to not have to harvest the one off the engine I am removing. So far looking like entire removed power train will be available, with transmission, trans filter, trans cooler, hoses, control cables, shift tower, winch control tower (separate), etc...... Only item I see needing to keep so far is the fan and fan clutch, as I do prefer that type over the electric clutch fan the RV came with.

Below company link and example pic:

http://www.mirrorfinishpolishing.com/CHROME-LIKE-METAL-POLISHING-CUSTOMER-PARTS-TURBOS-1.HTML

CHROME-LIKE-POLISHING-TURBO-24.jpg

Last edited:

Another Ahab

I just bought a used alternator, and can't really make use of my own A/C compressor bracket that so many of you enjoy. Both are modern 4 bolt pad mount type. Avatar pic is about to be obselete, bummer. I guess next one will have to be simp getting dragged backward with smoke coming from his tires.
I'm guessing there's a good story behind that.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M925a2 Power Surge !!!

Forgot about 12v. Wouldn't think the compressor clutch would mind, would it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

74M35A2

You could just use a resistor to drop the voltage to the clutch, but I use a high volume compressor anyway, capable of 33,000-40,000BTU of cooling, so it was getting changed regardless.

74M35A2

Happy 4th.

Not much update. Acquired the mil 8.3L oil pan, pad mount brushless 105 amp alternator and high capacity pad mount A/C compressor for the ISL. New oil pan heater element also (M22 x 1.5 thread), NAPA p/n KAT 30910 (fits 8.3L if anybody wants one). https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/KAT30910
Will install pan before engine, accessories after.

IMG_2746.jpgIMG_2789.jpg

Last edited:

Another Ahab