• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925a2 rear window stuck

therooster2001

I have had this problem since I replaced my hard top. It's stuck closed, and really good. I've put some pressure on it, but don't want to bend the window, or having it shatter. I'm pretty sure it's CARC that is holding it together, but there is no other mechanical means that hold these together like hidden screw or lock is there? Any suggestions around getting this window open? Is there a strategic pry point that won't deform anything?

TCD

Howdy,

My 923a2 back window was locked up solid. I cleaned the channels and lightly lubed them. Then I took a plastic "dead-blow" hammer and tapped tapped tapped away. Once I got a little movement I just repeated cleaning, lubing and tapping and now one side freely slides.

This weekend I will repeat the process again and see if I can get the other side to let go and slide.

YMMV...

Good Luck and Happy Tails,
tom n tyler

therooster2001

I got it!!!!! Used a harbor freight orange dead blow and tapped on everything! I actually got it by hitting against the weatherstipping on the window, not the frame, in parallel with the window, not at it. Back and forth, and it finally moved. Prying didn't do anything. Both sides free. Airflow!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks