• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925A2 Recovered from Little Falls

brasco

I owe a big thanks to my dad for helping me recover a M925A2 from Little Falls, MN this past week. The truck was sluggish at first but ran well once he put fresh fuel it. He also pulled out a trailer for another SS member and dropped it off in Wisconsin. He didn't have any issues with the truck at all. One tire was a little low when he picked it up but the CTIS pumped it up when he started it, no jump was needed.

We went over the truck a little more last night to see what shape it was in. It appears to have a few minor issues that can be fixed easily. The biggest issue we found was a crack in the weld of the hydraulic oil resevoir. It was weeping oil about 4" from the fill tube.

I didn't know it at the time of the auction but it looks like it was repaired by the Kansas Readiness Sustainment Maintenance Site and appears to have a Dresser engine installed. I guess the whole truck was "rebuilt" at that time. Does anyone know what the Kansas site did to these trucks? I don't know if the Dresser engine is just rebuilt or a new Cummins engine with a Dresser tag on it; my limited reseach wasn't conclusive.

I think this one is a keeper.

Dad with M925A2 small.jpg Dresser tag small.jpg Kansas tag.jpg

FloridaAKM

Glad everything went well for the trip home & you made it safely. From the pictures, it looks like a very good truck, even the CTIS works, you have a keeper. The engines mods, no clue; maybe some other more informed member will chime in shortly!

brasco

Thanks guys.. My dad and I played with truck a little more today and got the winch to work (finally figured out how to get the winch clutch engaged).

We checked the air filter and it looked clean but notice a hose behind it was off and dangling so I found where it went and tightened the fitting...looks like a vent hose or intake of some kind.

We also noticed a bunch of grease on the front, right axle... I wiped away the grease and found a big spilt in the axle boot... looks like one more repair to make... luckliy, I found new axle boots online...

Overall, the truck looks good but I don't think the Kansas City work was as inclusive as the Red River rebuilds... I have a Red River M923A2 also... maybe this particular 925 was just used more after being reset, I dunno...

Anyhow.... I finally got plates on my M923A2 today so I took my wife out for a ride around town. It is prom night and all the local kids were taking pictures outside- even at Wal-Mart... I was just thinking... how cool would it be to drive one of these trucsks to prom... my wife thought one of the girls tried to flag us down....hmmmm.... if I were only 18 again...

davo727

My first 932a2 has a tan painted 8.3 with a Dresser Industries 2008 tag on it also, I guess if I can find out if the engine has a block casting date code on it then would be able to tell if the engine was remanufactured by dresser in 2008 or what the deal is.