• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925a2. Tire problem

HASSON1911

Looking at M925a2 to buy, could use some pointers

I'm looking at this truck and before I go drive 8** miles. I was wondering what you guys thought. I noticed the back tires looked smaller, any input on this, maybe a bad drive train if so. Tell me what you guys think, I want to deal around 3k to 8k. I know some trucks t other sites have up to 24k which is way too much for me, but I think this one is a long the lines of a nicer one.

Capture.jpgCaptures.jpg

Last edited:

HASSON1911

Oh thanks, see I had no idea, Just that the treads look different. Do you know if they happen to be the same size? because to me the xl looks smaller.

MarcM35A2

I don´t think so.... but who knows? The original size is 14.00 R20 And i don´t think that they put 16.00 R20 Tires on the first two axles........ Maybe the fron tires are new and the real old ones.

jedawson1

All look to be same size 14R20, the tread pattern on the rears do create the illusion of looking smaller but I doubt they are. The next tire size up is 4 inches taller so it would be very obvious if it were the 16R20.

I'm pretty sure it's the outer lugs on the xl's because they alternate sides on every other outer lug making the tire look narrower and slightly shorter.

Nice looking truck.

HASSON1911

Okay thanks guys, that was my only concern with this truck judging from pictures, planning on seeing this truck in person on tues.

HASSON1911

Thanks again guys for the information, if i decide to buy this truck it will be my first 5 ton, but not my first air brake truck. My question is with these trucks I don't know the value of them. Would this M925a2 be worth $5500, or is it worth more?

Triple C

I wouldn't sell mine for that. You know the old saying, "Where two fools meet" that's the value. If you look on Ebay, they seem to be running about that. You may buy one cheaper from the Gvt but you don't know what you will get. Sometimes you get lucky and other times not so much. By the time one messes with the selling agency, pays their fees, waits for them to send you the docs you need to go get it titled, go the the state and get your title etc.... It takes a while. There is a value to NOT having to do that. For me, bottom line is, does it fit your budget and is it what you want? If so, I would say - go for it. Good luck.

jedawson1

I found a nice 923 from GL for $5400 out the door plus the drive home. I noticed a desert tan truck without super singles it had the NHC-250 motor sold for $4700 in less than a day on here. I'd say your in the ball park if the truck is mechanically sound I'd go for it.

Another perspective is your max of $8000 is not that much more than current GL prices, for good trucks, when you factor shipping, time off work etc. If its in good shape and its something you really want then it is a crazy amount. It is on the higher end but I would say its not out of line.

The Supper singles mounted are worth more $1000 or more for a good lot if you had to bid on them at GL and most importantly the cost to acquire a winch kit is $2500 + if you can find them. In my eye's those two items add significant value to the truck your looking at. Sure you could get a nice 923 for $4500 but look what you will spend to single it and add a winch.

Good Luck and enjoy your new truck.

Scarecrow1

The question is how good of shape is it in? The price is good IF the truck is mechanically sound and not a rust bucket . Are the tires good or dry rotted ? I wouldn't pay any price until I went through it with these questions answered. But that's just the way I do things .........