• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m928a1 questions

dieselgrunt

Hey guys new to the forum and I Just picked up a 1986 M928a1. Just have a few questions for anyone that has one.

1. Dash currently is inop and without digging right into it was kinda wondering if there were known problems here.

2. In general is there anything I need to know before digging right into this thing totally because there isn't much on the 928s out there that I can find anyway but I had to have the long truck going to turn it into a toy hauler of all sorts.

thanks guys in advance any help and or info on these would be much appreciated

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Welcome to the site from Cape Cod, MA. Can't really help but think there are several fuses that may power up most of the dash. Haven't had any issues with my dash yet. As Elkhtr said it should use most of the standard M939 stuff. Good luck and post up some pics if you can. We like pictures :driver:

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All of the dash inop seems weird to me as the speedo and tach are mechanical. Some trucks do burn out all of the electrical stuff if started and run with dead batteries but that just takes out the electrical gauges.

The NHC 250 makes a peculiar noise that sounds like someone beating on coconuts (someone else on here described it that way but it fits well). That is normal.

Not a 928 but here is my 927 working as intended with 8 yards of rock mulch. I plan to put a travel trailer in the bed of mine but I also want a picture of my deuce on the back.

Attachments