• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M929 A2 over heating problem

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
FullSizeRender.jpg 4 1/4 thick. 24 volt fans. 16 by 23.5 inches. Running at 28 volts in the pic. Moves so much air it's hovering in the pic. Weighs around 15lbs. Hundred bucks plus shipping.

T2C

View attachment 688810 4 1/4 thick. 24 volt fans. 16 by 23.5 inches. Running at 28 volts in the pic. Moves so much air it's hovering in the pic. Weighs around 15lbs. Hundred bucks plus shipping.
I'll check on Monday to make sure it fits, and that we're allowed to spend the money. Do i need to wire directly to the battery bank, or have you found a spare harness to attach to in the past?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The overheat light should have been disabled on all trucks per a MWO. It is generally faulty and unreliable. You have to realize all the worst evils on heat with these motors. Step one, get rid of your heat exchanger. You have an air to air transmission cooler in the grille. Just run it alone. Get rid of some engine heat this way. If you are having lots of overheating issues simply get a male JIC # 6 and make it a #6 on the opposite end and hook the fan clutch air lines together and make that thing come on all the time. It will also give you full blast on the clutch. Or go to a Horton style fan clutch control so you can turn it off and on as you want. Electric fans may work but you wont get a lot more cooldown. Other issue you could have is gunk in the radiator. May have several cross tubes stopped up.

T2C

The overheat light should have been disabled on all trucks per a MWO. It is generally faulty and unreliable. You have to realize all the worst evils on heat with these motors. Step one, get rid of your heat exchanger. You have an air to air transmission cooler in the grille. Just run it alone. Get rid of some engine heat this way. If you are having lots of overheating issues simply get a male JIC # 6 and make it a #6 on the opposite end and hook the fan clutch air lines together and make that thing come on all the time. It will also give you full blast on the clutch. Or go to a Horton style fan clutch control so you can turn it off and on as you want. Electric fans may work but you wont get a lot more cooldown. Other issue you could have is gunk in the radiator. May have several cross tubes stopped up.
Thanks. Going to do the flush and refill first, and hope that works. Will look at the fan clutch lines tomorrow, and see what i need to do for that. If necessary. Suprman: will remember you for the fan, if neither of those work. The consesus of those affected by money going out was to flush, and change the fluid first, as it needs to be done anyway.

T2C

Meow are you saying to link the two hoses from the shutterstat together meow?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Meow are you saying to link the two hoses from the shutterstat together meow?
Yes. They are both #6 jic male fittings. You need a # 6 connector they are about $3.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I seem to remember the fan clutch defaults to locked up with no air on it. am I wrong?

The stutterstat receives air from the treadle valve. It is stuck there until the temp gets to 190 then the stutterstat spring releases and lets air flow thru to the fan clutch that in turn locks the fan up. The reason people blow radiator caps or hoses is that the stutterstat fails and pushes air into the cooling system from that treadle valve.

T2C

Thanks. With all the help I've gotten here, it's just a matter of starting with the simplist, and working out. Thanks everyone

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks. Also thinking of getting a plug to thread in where the stat is. Thinking it may leak coolant from the ports. Am i correct, or is that unnecessary?
It is rare. It is just a half inch plug.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks