• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m929 dump.engine lock up ???

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I bought the truck to resell,Already have $10k in the truck.It wont be cost effective to swap engines or fix this one.I have a m932a2 I might put the bed on it.To busy to pull the engine apart.

Andrmorr

several of the other members had mentioned trans stuck in both hi/lo, and your problems started when you put the truck in gear...got me wondering if it was the trans having an issue...with the lock up conv it would hold the engine tight...maybe rock the longbar back and forth and have someone watch the trans output shaft to see if it moves also...or make sure the torque conv turns free...put truck in neutral and tow for few feet forward and reverse to make sure trans is not locked...tough job when everything weighs triple digits...got my fingers crossed for a fellow dump!

Last edited:

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Engine was locked up.I pulled the engine/trans,split them apart.The engine wont spin with a big bar on the crank shaft..Mystery solved..

gottaluvit

Well, sorry to hear that it was locked engine. I have always loved the 5 ton dumps. It's what I drove as an E3, E4. Old school but loved that it was power steering vs. the old deuces. Is it an A0, A1, or A2? If it has ABS I want that rearmost air relay for sure. I put a pic on my want ad. Give me a day or two and I should have a list made up. Wish you were in western Pa. List would be longer.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I have it down to a science.one and a half days to strip the truck to the frame rails..Torches and air tools are awesome..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks