• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m929 dump truck ?

m929dumper

Just bought this truck and thought I had better change fluids and filters. Was looking under truck and I do not see an oil filter. From looking thru an owners manual this could be possible, is it? also has anyone ever cross referenced the fuel and air filter over to a wix or equivalent brand? Also, does the rear ends just use 80-90 weight oil? Transmission, does it have a filter? What type of oil? I have looked thru the TM's and maybe I do not have the patience to find all this information. Is standard 15w40 motor oil good enough for the 250 cummins? Sorry for all the questions, just want to get moving on this project. TIA

Csm Davis

Just bought this truck and thought I had better change fluids and filters. Was looking under truck and I do not see an oil filter. From looking thru an owners manual this could be possible, is it? also has anyone ever cross referenced the fuel and air filter over to a wix or equivalent brand? Also, does the rear ends just use 80-90 weight oil? Transmission, does it have a filter? What type of oil? I have looked thru the TM's and maybe I do not have the patience to find all this information. Is standard 15w40 motor oil good enough for the 250 cummins? Sorry for all the questions, just want to get moving on this project. TIA
Yes to the 15w40, yes to the filters and you should read the -10 and you data plates. Ohhhhhh yeah the stickies, the guys and I aren't trying to give you crap but you really do need to read through it at least one time.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Motor oil, filter is on the left side of motor down low in the big metal can.
I use 15w40 in my trucks.
Axles 80w90 ok
Transfer case 80w90
Transmission it maybe 10w oil or ATF you need to look at it.
The transmission has two filters one in the pan and one is ext. on the right side under the heater.

If you look in the TM Lube order it lists all the oils needed. LO 9-2320-272-12

Up at the top of the 5 ton form is some stickies that will help you.

Welcome to the site lots of info. on here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks