• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M929 From New Castle DE to Upstate NY this weekend :)

mark69k20

Hello all, So I finally did it, I graduated from CUCVs to a truck I'm not even licensed to drive...yet :) I won a real decent looking M929, hard top/automatic trans w/ the nhc250 off of gov liq and everything seems ready to roll...my brother and dad are driving down so it will be a full blown family adventure! My wife said, "you bought a frigin dump truck?!...really?.....I can't get a used refrigerator off of craig's list cause it wasn't plugged in and you go and buy a frigin dump truck....nice" ......yup she loves me!........she has a hard time expressing herself....she just didn't know exactly how to tell me I done good :-D This thing is going to be great around the farm! I have been reading up on it and making up a supply list that hopefully we won't need for the recovery:) I was originally looking at disconnecting driveshafts to save fuel and wear/tear but have decided against it because of a few horror stories I read on here. I don't know enough about the truck to make an informed decision and it's only 300 miles so I am not going to sweat it... So on Fri if ya see the warm glow of CARC flyin up 81N at over 50 MPH and a guy in the passenger seat with a S*#! eatin grin you will know it's me....:beer:M929 med.jpg

mark69k20

She made it! 290 miles in 8 hrs...LOL It was slow going as it is lacking power pretty bad...there were hills that put her down to 30 MPH!!! I am REALLY hoping the new fuel filter that is on its way will fix it. Has anyone gotten a truck that had a real deep red tint to the fuel? I didn't think the military used off-road fuel... It looks like someone dumped the last trans fluid or hydro fluid change into the fuel tanks. It looks like a deeper red than our off road fuel.... Any who... here is a pick of her sitting in Gibson PA while we filled up our tanks...photo.jpg And one of her at Ralph's Diesel...thanks for the info fellas!photo (2).jpg

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks