• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931/32 2 inch receiver hitch

jw4x4

I was willing to use my 932, after all you are just the next state over from Ohio and I am a half-hour away from the Indiana state line. But when I saw where Merrillville was, it isn't feasable. I don't think you could get any farther away and still be in Indiana. :doh:

rrrr

350 miles for me one way. I would be willing to meet in Bloomington IL. If that would work that's 200 miles one way for me.

tm america

I would guess dayton is probably about 2 hrs away?If someone doesn't come thru soon i am probably gonna take a trip up to wis. to the military museum to get some measurements..If not maybe some one will be at haspin with a m932?I also need to test fit my 24 volt alt upgrade kit for the m900 series trucks and wanna get a few measurements to make the 12 volt add on kit for them as well?It might even be worth giving all three peices to me in order to get them on the market?

jw4x4

I plan on being @ Haspin. It would take approx. 2 hrs to drive the Truktor to Indy from here.

Last edited:

tm america

350 miles for me one way. I would be willing to meet in Bloomington IL. If that would work that's 200 miles one way for me.
If i am to take a trip to do this it would most likely be to someones house or shop and i would just bring my tools so i could finish the build there and have a fully functioning prototype.I know the guy that owns the museum would let me get some measurements and is about 100 miles from me and worst case i could camp out at the truck stop next door to him if it ended up running late cuz i would wanna test fit the alt kits and hitch kit at the same time?

tm america

Sounds like it will happen at haspin if not sooner..:beer: ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

rrrr

That looks like it works for a cargo but not the tractor. The lights are close to the pintle on tractors and you don't have the mounting bolts for the bumperetts since tractors don't have them.

Last edited:

Hoefler

The fabricator is located in Minnesota and does excellent work. I use him to build carbon steel things for my company. If more than one is made, the price can come down some. Each person will need to send a 3" receiver to Tom (TLE) so he can weld it in place. These will be done in bare carbon steel. The main plate is constructed of 1/2" thick carbon steel to resist bending.
Tom is doing them at cheap cost due to potential of Military Vets buying these. He can knock these out quickly. Qty is best for cost. I will have one made for me-thats 1. Zev looks like 1 as well. I will add a third one ato get qty up and give it free to a most deserving vet from the Viet Nam era-somebody who served in '69 or?- I will donate a complete unit with recvr tube.
For those interested, I can send Toms information. He is a small shop-so, send payment and recvr tube for him to get started. No worries-Tom is dependable and first rate man-I vouch for him.
Pete

Hoefler

That looks like it works for a cargo but not the tractor. The lights are close to the pintle on tractors and you don't have the mounting bolts for the bumperetts since tractors don't have them.
Send a few details to me. I am looking for existing mount holes to allow for simple bolt on. I can modify the cargo hitch design to work with a tractor, but need a few dimensions. I can get the firsto cargo one made and install on my 5 ton to ensure easy bolt on. Could make a first copy for a tractor and have a tractor guy bolt it on to double dog make sure its a good bolt on fit.
Pete

greenmonster

I don't have a time frame yet. I am just asking to see if anyone is going to order one before I place my order. So far you are the first one interested.
I am talking to machine shop here to make a very similar plan as yours, you have put some time into your plan and it looks a lot like what I envisioned. I will see what they say about making it and keep me in mind if you get a time frame. I need to have a hitch done by the 15th so I need to get on it.

goldneagle

I am talking to machine shop here to make a very similar plan as yours, you have put some time into your plan and it looks a lot like what I envisioned. I will see what they say about making it and keep me in mind if you get a time frame. I need to have a hitch done by the 15th so I need to get on it.
No longer available!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks