• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931 5-Ton Front Axle Wt. Rating

D6c

Trying to find out the weight rating for the front axel on a 5-ton M931.

The model no. on the tag is FN 1240RSAX 1

Some info I found indicated that the "12" in the model no indicates a 12,000 lb axle but not all of the model number conformed to the format.

Anyone know if 12,000 is correct?

I'm trying to make sure my loaded truck conforms to DOT rules.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I spent quite a bit of time searching for this some time ago without much luck, this is my front axle tag.

I can't remember where I came up with a possible clue, but my best guess ended up being the last numbers represented the weight rating of 14,000 lb???

Also here is a picture of my rear tag.

23,000 lb???

Hopefully someone else can chime in with something definitive.

M925A2 with dump hoist

Your state may be different in New Mexico You get 600 pounds per inch of tire width . 10-00-20 is good for 12000LB on a steering 11-00-20 is 13200LB .

D6c

I spent quite a bit of time searching for this some time ago without much luck, this is my front axle tag.

I can't remember where I came up with a possible clue, but my best guess ended up being the last numbers represented the weight rating of 14,000 lb???

Also here is a picture of my rear tag.

23,000 lb???

Hopefully someone else can chime in with something definitive.

M925A2 with dump hoist
Doesn't work out with my model no. since it ends with only a "1"

With 11:00 tires @ 600 lb / inch that would give me 13,200 which should be plenty.

I'm trying to balance the load on my lowboy with a D6 to make sure I'm in compliance with bridge laws. The trailer length limits me to 76,000# gross and 64,000 on the truck & trailer tandems. I'll have to run up to the scales and weigh each axle set and go from there.

That is a nice set up you have . Years back in NM when hauling a dozer the blade had to be 7 feet above the road way so I had to rest it on the neck of the trailer and with it angled it blocked what you should see in your mirrors .when they changed the law I would then load them back ward with the blade on some blocks high enough that I could see the back of the trailer that was a lot better. Thank you for the picture .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks