• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931/A1 - What should I be aware of?

The HUlk

New to the site/military vehicles and am considering a purchase for a business venture. I will be researching the forum but figured I would ask...what should I be aware of moving forward?

The vehicle I am looking at purchasing had an overhual in 2010 and all of the rubber parts I see look like new.

The tag on the driver door jamb indicates:

OVERHAULED AT RRAD DATE 08-10

MWO APPLIED
9 2320 200 35 1
9 2320 272 20 5
9 2320 272 20 6
9 2320 272 24 1

Thank you for any insight!

The HUlk

Thank you for your post. The belts 'look' very new, no cracking etc. Good to know it is apparently very important the pump belt does not fail and I will keep this in mind.

Thanks again!

dilligaf13

The air dryer and various check valves have a tendency to stick if they sit too long. This renders the air brakes inoperable. That's one of the M939's biggest issues. No real way to check for it, prior to purchase, just have to look for the little things showing proper PMCS. Proper PMCS will generally prevent, or lessen the likelihood, of these issues from arising. Good luck, have fun and be safe.....

EO2NMCB

If it was an RRAD reset expect to find some things only finger tight. IE, went to put air to the trailer, large air leak at fire wall. Tighten the line up all was good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks