• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931 Leaking fan clutch

RDUKW

My M931 has developed a leak at the fan clutch when it engages. It is leaking from between the shaft and the clutch. Can these be rebuilt? I am on a time crunch as I have to take my Class A test on Thursday and I'm worried they will fail me if the fan comes on and I start losing air. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ryan

RDUKW

The data tag is hard to read but it definitely is not Bendix on the tag. Are these standard orings that can be bought from McMaster Carr.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Worst case, disconnect and plug the air line. Then use the bolts provided and mechanically engage the fan for your test.

RDUKW

Okay I found some info I will share with others for problems in the future. The clutch is made by Evans and is Model # FC367E. Comfort Air in Michigan has the parts to rebuild them http://comfortairgr.com. Also comfort Air has a pdf on their site with a manual for rebuilding the clutch as well http://comfortairgr.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/fan-clutch.pdf. I ended up ordering the oring kit with out the end cap seal and it came to around $15. They have any part required to repair the clutch it sounds like.

So for my test I will get a AN plug to cap the line and install the 2 locking bolts. The AN plug sounds like a nice part to have in the truck anyways for future failures.

Ryan

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks