• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931 measurement

Craig A Tull

I must not have completed the post earlier, I need the measurement from the back of the cab to the center of the rear axle on a M931 or M932 truck tractor,(without consideration of the muffler etc.) does not have to me exact, I did a search but could not find any other posts about this.
THANKS
Craig

Last edited:

Craig A Tull

OK so that is the center of the axle pair? I thought the trunion was the pivot point between the axles, I need to the center of the rear axle.
Thanks

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I must not have completed the post earlier, I need the measurement from the back of the cab to the center of the rear axle on a M931 or M932 truck tractor,(without consideration of the muffler etc.) does not have to me exact, I did a search but could not find any other posts about this.
THANKS
Craig
Using google search at the top right of every page brought this up as the first hit ; M931 dimensions post #3
it also brought this up ; Frame length of a M931 tractor ? ? ?

Craig A Tull

Thanks Porky, now I am completely confused, I thought the M931 had a shorter wheelbase than the M923 which is 179" I thought the wheelbase for the M931 was 167" Both of the diagrams you pointed me to say the M931 has a 179" wheelbase
In fact I just Binged both and came up with many conformations of my assumptions M923=179" M931=167" So now I am to assume the dimension I am looking for is 121"
It would be helpful if I could get the correct information.
Thanks

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Porky, now I am completely confused, I thought the M931 had a shorter wheelbase than the M923 which is 179" I thought the wheelbase for the M931 was 167" Both of the diagrams you pointed me to say the M931 has a 179" wheelbase
In fact I just Binged both and came up with many conformations of my assumptions M923=179" M931=167" So now I am to assume the dimension I am looking for is 121"
It would be helpful if I could get the correct information.
Thanks
It is in the TM's if you spend some time reading.

Craig A Tull

Thanks, I don't need an exact measurement, I just need to know if the 121" (assuming 167" wheelbase) is in the ball park or if it is 133" as indicated in the TM diagram (179" wheelbase) is correct.
Craig

Craig A Tull

Great!! Thanks! I am thinking of replacing my 1854 Int with a M931A2, the bed and knuckle crane would fit perfectly on the 931, well it would be about 10" higher but I could live with that, actually I would like to find a M932A2 that would already have a hydraulic pump on the Allison, but the pump off of the 1854 Allison would also work, the big winch is hydraulic,,, this truck tried to kill me on May 5th, it ran over me, drug me through a bobcat bucket and a 12X12"X 10' timber and some other "stuff", it took 45 stitches to close the laceration in my right leg, and caused many other injuries (rolled me up like a booger!), some would say it was my fault and of course they would all be correctknuckle.jpg, I pulled up to my shop and was going to unload a diesel irrigation pump that was on the back, jumped out leaned back in and tossed a brick on the gas pedal so the hydraulics would work and the **** thing was still in gear and took off, the outrigger behind the cab grabbed me and pulled me down and I fought it until I managed to get loose only to realize that may have been a big mistake as here came the rear wheels, I started to act like Indiana Jones grabbing whatever I could so the truck would start dragging me again when mercifully the truck ran into another truck, pushed it into a 300 gal. diesel fuel tank (full) turning it over onto it's side and everything came to a stop. I decided that that truck, no matter who's fault it was needed to go, also it is totally gutless and does not have air brakes for towing trailers, if it did it probably would not have run over me with the air brakes set.. BTW that truck belonged to some Hippie Musicians and that is a microphone on the door..

Last edited: