• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931 rear locked up

rockyroad217

I was looking on GL at a M931 I wanted to bid on. Let me first say the auction is over. I noticed in the video that the truck ran, but the rear axle was dragging in the rocks..what could cause that? There's a video for it on the site..I will post it, and if I'm breaking some kind of rule just let me know. I just get curious when I see something that I don't know the answer to haha.:p

http://bcove.me/46jnhozn

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
may be the spring brake is hanging up and not releasing for for reason

rockyroad217

I found it. Thanks for the replies..I would have searched it, but wasn't sure what I was searching for. Doesn't look like TOO much of a hassle unless you were trying to drive it home I suppose.

M813A1

The wedge style brakes on these truckscan get stuck quite easily when they sit long periods and water get in and causes rust on the inside of the brake drum !!some time a good hit with a 3 lbs hammer can loosen up the brakes.

BIGGUNBOB

My 931 from Shelby was locked like that and took several minutes of back and forth rocking and hammering with a sledge to break the brake shoes free of the drums. Once it was loose, it worked like a champ for the first 400 miles or so anyway... Drove it right back home to Dallas!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks