• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m931 solenoid problem

allie

i believe i have a solenoid issue my 1986 m931 tractor wont shut down using switch i have to use emergency shut off then open hood and push cable back any help would be appreciated i wanna get it done before memorial day since it'll be in the parade thanks!!

redrustyhill

anybody have a fuel shutoff solenoid for a 1986 m931 tractor?
For a quick fix you could get a cable stop from your local parts store and put it on the push side of the emergency stop cable, that way it will reset when you push the cable back in.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A quick fix is to rap some safety wire around the stop on the cable then around shutoff, that way you can push it back after you shut it down.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are having solenoid issues, verify that it is 'sucking in' all the way also, or you may begin to have starting/run issues due to the push rod not retracting and letting the fuel cutoff open fully.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Unscrew the combat mode knob on the front of the solenoid. If it spins freely get vise grips on the stud itself. And turn it out. Itll.allow you to shut it off with the switch.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not just fix the problem ?
That was the issue. With the over ride screwed in, the disc inside the FSOV assy is pushed off seat and that allows fuel to flow as long as the engine is running, there is fuel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks