• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931 Transfer Case is Shot

Mark3395

Made it to Huntsville to pick up my 931 Semi during the MVPA convention (a good time).

The pickup initiall failed because the tranfer case is shattered. Most likely due to operator shifting to reverse in low gear.

Two warnings; this is a common error with the 939 series. Ya just can't back up in low gear because the tranny delivers more engergy to the case than it can withstand.

Unlike the deuce, the 939 series transfer case is in high range when the transfer lever is DOWN. If you shift it up like a deuce, you're setting yourself up for failure.

I guess that's just part of the fun.

Well, now I'll start my search for a transfer case. I was lucky enough to also have a 936 wrecker to pick up, and we were able to use a tobar and wiffletree to lift the front of the tractor and tow it off to a good guy who will replace the transfer. Coulda been worse.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks