• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931 won't build air.

Bandit02

I'm having a serious problem. I was out taking my truck for a boot around town tonight when I noticed that it wasn't building any air after awhile. My gauges were showing the tanks depleting after brake applications and honestly I can't hear the compressor going into the loading stage with the engine running (kinda deaf lol). I noticed a air leak noise underneath but only while the engine is running. I found the air dryer stuck purging, you can feel the pulsations from the compressor just spitting out of this thing. I'll have to wait till tmr when I go to work and get some snap ring pliers so I can remove to inspect it. Anyone have a issue like this? What make is the air dryer? is there a common commercial rebuild kit for these?

THANK JEBUS for the spring brake override and by the time I got home I had 0 PSI in both tanks and limping it in 1st into my driveway.

Bandit02

I read abunch of these threads. I ended up pushing up on the purge valve and closing it like one of the posts recommended, builds are fine now. Gonna pull it off the purge valve and clean it up tmr. Thanks!

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I read abunch of these threads. I ended up pushing up on the purge valve and closing it like one of the posts recommended, builds are fine now. Gonna pull it off the purge valve and clean it up tmr. Thanks!
I would still do the filters if you have not done them recently , winter is coming .
If you haven't done so yet you can download the TM's free here .
[h=1]TM's for the 939 series trucks[/h]It is highly recommended to read this one
TM9-2320-272-10.pdf
TM9-2320-272-10 Operations manual for the M939 series trucks. Sept 2004
and keep this one handy
LO9-2320-272-12.pdf
LO9-2320-272-12 Lubrication order for the M939 series trucks. June 1990
And good wiring info here
M939_P2P.zip
M939 Series Interactive Systems Guide - Download .zip file, right-click the .zip file and select unzip contents, put the M939 P2P file in your Program Files directory, open the M939 P2P folder, right-click on the runa6w32.exe file, select Send To, select Desktop (create shortcut), go to desktop, right-click on the new shortcut, select properties, select the shortcut tab, make sure the target box shows "C:\Program Files\M939 P2P\runa6w32.exe" c:\Program Files\M939 P2P\nav.a6r, make sure the start in box is empty. This should allow you to double-click the shortcut on your desktop and start the P2P program.

Welcome to Steel Soldiers.

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
You need to rebuild or replace the air dryer it will just get worse in the cold. The expello valve is rebuilt from inside you have to take the air dryer off and apart. It's much easier to replace.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are several for sale in the classifieds and epay at a very reasonable price. I rebuilt mine completely (filter,heater,top and bottom kit) and spent close to the same. Maybe $20 cheaper than the units out there. I would have jumped on a complete unit for the price but they were not out yet from GL.

I would say just replace it instead of hassling to rebuild it with the good deals out there now :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks