• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931A1 air ride suspension got it home yesterday

av8or

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got my newest truck home yesterday 860 miles is along way:driver:. It is a m932a1 which the military converted to no winch & 1100/20 tires. Had heard of air ride but this was the first 900 series I had seen. It came from camp shelby MS. It shows no signs being converted to air ride looks to have been made that way no extra holes in frame. No double frame, cross member is different under 5th wheel, and no diagonal bracing. Can't find info in tec. manual.

Anyone have any info that they care to share on this air ride set up that looks to be factory.

would like to know the actual width of 1600/20 run flats, how much narrower than 1400/20s ?

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A few tractors were made with air ride. Does the data plate agree with the frame stamping?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I think the rebuild facility at Shelby converted some of the 900 series to air ride.

A bunch of frames with the air ride went through a National Guard scrap sale several years ago.

I have seen a few of the air ride 5 tons....I think they may have been a prototype that never went into production.

Csm Davis

I have asked and can't find anyone to tell me where they were made, after looking at the rest of the suspension I think that Neway made most of the parts try starting on that end.

Bolkbich

Slick truck . Your gonna like the air ride. The air ride doesnt work off road like the spring suspension,it gets stuck pretty easy. I like the s cam brakes, that wasnt visable in the auction photos. Good luck with it.

av8or

Steel Soldiers Supporter
sellers were good folks, truck runs good even better after the 800 miles. No issues, a good USED truck. I really wanted the military air ride. Made by Neway, and works well for me. Still need info. on the run flats for 16' wide tires.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
WOW a tricked 931 used eather in WW1 or WW2, this must be one of those special ALIEN designed PROTOTYPE trucks that was in a MUSEUM that just got released [thumbzup]

Vintage iron

Hendrickson made an air ride just like this. I work on heavy trucks and I will say that this is one of the best air ride set ups! Won't 1600's will be a little tall for a tractor. The tires will rub the bottom of the trailer? I would put on 395/80/20 singles. They have a heavy load rating and still give you that bad ass look!

What is the engine? and transmission?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks