• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931a2 Fuel cutoff solenoid

trooper632

I'm not sure but I think the Fuel shut off solenoid might be bad on my M931a2 (8.3 motor). I tried to start truck today and it doesn't seem to be getting fuel, One tank was actually quite low on fuel so I thought maybe it didn't have enough and sucked air into the system. I took out air cleaner and it will start and run on either thought I could get it back primed running it. Wont stay running. Got to looking at fuel cutoff solenoid, and it wont retract when the battery and start key are energized, I have to manually push it in. But when I turn off the keys it pushes forward, like its suppose to. I also notice its quite hot to the touch. So two questions. 1. Will the run without it, or does it need it just to run the motor, and 2. I tried to bleed the system as per the TM's and there is fuel at the IP, but I couldn't get ant fuel at the injectors when I cracked one, my helper really didn't keep the truck running long enough with the either maybe. If it is bad who has them for sale that might read this, Thanks

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It overheats when power is applied but it does not retract. Disconnect the wires before the magic smoke escapes.

tobyS

There is a fuel pressure switch that on mine, wire insulation had been cut and were crossing. Same symptoms (not overheating coil, just wouldn't work). Separated them and she worked great, no trouble since.

trooper632

Got it running yesterday. Turns out it was just out of fuel on the tank it was on. I looked at the TM's and found a pic of the bleeder screw but it was confusing because it showed it on the front side of the pump, searched for pics on the site and found that it was on the back side and the primer pump actually worked on this one. (did not work on a different one). about 20 pumps and got fuel. Solenoid stays in now also, so I don't know about that one but all is good

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks