• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931A2 Power Steering Hydralic Cylinder Bushings ?

Brian46

Here is a link so you know what I am talking about.
http://www.eriksmilitarysurplus.com/posthycyfor5.html

Are the bushings that go on either end of this serviceable/replaceable? and who/where can I get them from?

Long story short I am in Canada and nobody knows these trucks very well and I need to get a full mechanical inspection done on it to register the vehicle here. I assume there is play built in to the ends so they do not bind up and there really isn't anything wrong with my truck that only has 34,000miles on it and was fully rebuilt less than a 1000miles ago, but try explaining that to a guy that knows nothing about these trucks.

Any help would be much appreciated

Brian

Brian46

I had a closer look at the end joints and it appears they have adjustable end caps along with the grease nipples. Does anyone know the specifications for the adjustment on these joints? I assume they can not be tight or else they will wear too quickly.

I have been looking through the technical manuals but have been unable to find anything regarding adjustment.........