• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931A2 question

Sambor

Hello, just joined the forum. I am in Fort Worth and own an aircraft maintenance facility. I am trying to locate one of the jumper cable plugs for this series. Anyone have a spare or a place to get them? When you win one of the trucks on GL, have the lug wrenches already disappeared with the jack and other associated equipment? Thanks for the help. John R Dunn Weatherford Texas

ichudov

If I understand you correctly, they are called "NATO SLAVE CABLE" or "NATO SLAVE PLUG" depending on what you need, they are available on e-bay.

My M931A2 came with a more or less complete set of tools, jack, 1/4 ton hoist etc. My M927 was completely bare and I outfitted it with the stuff I had.

I plan on making a NATO slave cable with two forklift plugs in the middle and an opportunity to add a pigtail with bare ends, for charging convenience.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard Mr. Dunn.
Trucks equiped with tools and accessories are a luck of the draw. I've recovered bare bone units and some that had every thing on board. Picked up a recent rebuild and all the issued tools were still in cardboard boxes, including jack and chain fall. Half the fun is finding the correct equipment/accessories to complete the inventory. It's all out there. Avaition is your fortay, commercial or GA? I have been in commercial transport avaition maint. for 35 years.
As for nato slave cables, I built my own, sourced NOS nato connectors and used 0/2 fine wire welding cable. Lots of parts vendors out there most are listed on the web. This site has a great classified listing.
Good luck
Joe C

Joe C

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My Deuce came with some bonuses, the three others were pretty stripped. Best to personally preview the truck and take pictures of everything. Then have GL rep note on the form he signs what's missing and file a claim.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I bought one the toolboxes were padlocked and it was loaded. I bought another that had a metal rope with crimped on tag on the toolbox in the pics but when I got it back the rope thing was missing and the box was empty. Its the luck of the draw.

Sambor

Thanks Joe for the info. Found a few of the plugs on Epay. We do business jet maintenance and refurb. I have been in it for a little over 38 years-- at the same airport! I want to make 40 years then just retire to work on my old trucks and the farm. John

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
John,
Same plan here, I've been cutting and baling all summer to keep 50+ head of Angus mixed beef cattle happy this winter. Started with these trucks because they're easy to maintain, fun to drive, have big engines that consume fossil fuels, and the FAA is not involved in the operation of them. Plus it's fun to chase the parts and tools need to keep them rolling. Look into joining the MVPA, good group, lots of members in TX.
JC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks