• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m931a2 recovery from Sparta WI.

redrustyhill

I am going to get my M931a2 from Sparta this thursday, august 27th. Just wondering if there are any members in that area or anywhere between Sparta and MT reading this who want to would be able to assist if there are any break downs along the route home through Minneapolis. Hoping all goes smoothly and murphy is on vacation this week. Looking mostly for a place to park it if need be or just to meet some MV enthusiasts along the way! or if anyone else is doing a recovery from there also.

Last edited:

redrustyhill

Thanks. I finally made it home safe and sound. Concerning the m295a1 recovery in Minot, ND, it was a bad experience. It all started with GP customer care giving me the contact number for a guy that didn't even work in Minot. I won the trailer on Wed., paid for it and scheduled pickup for that friday, Gave the guy my info and he said they would be open 8-2, come anytime then just give an hour heads up. Well, I got into Minot around 0930 after driving 700 miles from Wisconson in a M931a2 driving all day and most of the night. The same guy I talked to wed, when I called Friday, he asked what city you calling from? I said Minot, and he said, oh, I don't work there, I am in Minneapolis, you need to call customer care and tell them that I don't work there anymore!!! So I called customer care and got a number for another guy and when I called he said they were not even open on friday's and usually require a 4 day prior notice for pickups. When I told him my story and how far I drove, he asked me for the sticker number of my trailer and when i told him he said, "oh, that trailer isn't even in Minot, its in Devil's Lake. (120 miles back the direction i came from) So he got ahold of the people at Devil's Lake and they said come on over someone would be there to take care of me. Got there around noon and the guy there said everyone who works at DRMO is gone for the weekend but he would help out, took me over to the yard, and the trailer is not there!!! checked the other yard, wasn't there either. He got on the phone with the guy back in Minot and was verified the trailer was supposed to be at Devil's lake, and the guy knew exactly where it had been parked. could see the tire tracks and landing leg marks, but no trailer. More phone calls, another guy came by and his story was the trailer had been hauled out for scrap last week because it was not supposed to be released to the public!!! More phone calls, the trailer was at the scrap yard, back in Minot. More phone calls, scrap yard verified they had the trailer and had not done anything with it yet. More phone calls, was told I could go get the trailer at the scrapyard back in Minot, that there was a mixup and the Devil's lake people had screwed up and sent the wrong trailer to be scrapped. It was now 2pm. Minot is 120 miles away and scrap yard closes at 5. I had been driving since 6am with 2 or 3 hours worth of sleep, no breakfast no lunch now had to get back in the truck and drive another 2 hours back to Minot and try to find the scrap yard. When I found the place and talked to the manager, he was helpful but was obvious he was upset over the deal too because they had to send a semi tractor over to Devil's lake to get the trailer so they were out the fuel and labor it took to get the trailer. He said normally they cut the army stuff up as soon as they get it, but had a back log this week so were unable to. My "lucky" day I reckon!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks