• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931A2 with LMTV bed.

SSG WIGGINS

This is my first real post, hope it's in the right place. I've just purchased an M931A2 and I'd like to install an LMTV bed with the drop sides on it. Are the two compatible and has anyone done it before? Any information would help and pictures would be great.

Shark Bait

I had an M931a2 and an LMTV trailer. I was going to do it and everything measured up with not much trouble but sold them both before I could do it. I believe it would work well. I'm was going to relocate the spare tire to over top the cab so the bed would slide close to the cab.

Dave
PS. Welcome to the site.

tobyS

I bought an LMTV bed for my M35A3 to have side access at the GL sale this week. My M35 bed, with fixed sides is becoming a dump trailer.

I've thought of it with my 931A2 but can't bring myself to make such major work on a vehicle I'll probably sell (2012 rebuild).

If the LMTV bed is clear against the cab like 98G posted, that would make a really nice setup. I want the rear access for pintle towing, not covered. Of course the spare carrier comes off but you will also have to relocate the muffler to get it really close.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am considering the same. Think it would look pretty cool. Plus, I have no 5th wheel trailers, and if I leave hitch installed, I'll start collecting 5th wheel trailers.

And we can't have that.

tobyS

I am considering the same. Think it would look pretty cool. Plus, I have no 5th wheel trailers, and if I leave hitch installed, I'll start collecting 5th wheel trailers.

And we can't have that.
LOL....that's fairly well my position. It was painful to tell people I'm selling the tractor...it's the cleanest, nicest truck I have and with only about $20K of trailers (dump and removable goose-neck)....would be a great work truck. A new stainless dump body would be perfect ($12K) too.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LOL....that's fairly well my position. It was painful to tell people I'm selling the tractor...it's the cleanest, nicest truck I have and with only about $20K of trailers (dump and removable goose-neck)....would be a great work truck. A new stainless dump body would be perfect ($12K) too.
I will probably install a gooseneck hitch behind the 5th wheel for the time being. If I find a good one on Craigslist that is. Don't want to spend too much on it, but would be a very handy hitch to have.

Wagoneer

That is correct, It was a 12' bed and a couple of hours labor.
A good fab shop should be able to cut it down for around $200 which is a lot cheaper than the tools to complete it unless you get a case of cut off wheels and 5 gallons of JB weld.
Driver Side Weld.jpg
I cut the back of the bed off to keep all the mounts in place and then cut the sides in between the front bow sections.