• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931's Home from Hattiesburg (Camp Shelby)

Clayshootr

This is my first post here and just wanted to say hi to everyone. We just got two M931's home from Camp Shelby on Monday. We could not have done it with out all the information that we collected from you all. I just wanted to thank a few members who helped us out on this trip.

Reb 87 has been a wealth of information helping me with GL questions and getting me acquainted with the trucks. He also let us use his big tow bar, pins, and lights to get them home.

CSM Davis was also a great help in Hattiesburg. His crew removed the trucks from the base and took them to their lot. This allowed us to pick them up on a Sunday. He also took time out of his day to get us up to speed on the trucks, got us hooked up and made sure our lights were in working order. Before we left he also made sure that we had safety triangles, lug wrenches for the tires, and a hydraulic jack. These guys are great and would recommend shooting them a note if you need any assistance at Camp Shelby.

It was about a 2025 mi round trip and the truck ran great. Both trucks had under a 100 mi on them since rebuild. The only minor annoyance that I had was a shaking about 45 - 50 mph. Dont know what that is about.

I have attached some pics of them.

Thanks,
TJ

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I love it when a plan comes together.[thumbzup][thumbzup]

Glad you made it home without a vist from Mr. Murphy.

Jeff (csmdavis) is a great guy......our man on the ground at Camp Swampy.

This is what SS is all about.

We have had a stinker or two on the site at various times but the good guys far outweigh the buttheads.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would love to have a M931 or M932. So you towed one just over 1K miles? That couldn't have been fun.

camp9

If you don't mind me asking, did you get them off GL, auction or sealed bid, or the go#deal? If you do mind ignore. :lol: Welcome to the site.

Clayshootr

Nice trucks. What are your plans for them? Just toys? Or??
We farm and will put a small grain trailer behind one of them. I thought they would be great for hauling grain from the field to bin, or town since it is about 12 miles of gravel road to town.

I would also like to get a flatbed of some kind. Maybe a 871??

Clayshootr

I would love to have a M931 or M932. So you towed one just over 1K miles? That couldn't have been fun.
We drove about 8 hrs on Sunday and then 18.5 hrs on Monday. We drove in snow/sleet and freezing fog for the last 8 hrs on Monday. We should have had extra windshield wipers with us because the ones on the truck were pretty dried out. My brother was following in the Pickup and tried several places but could not find the correct ones.

I hurt on Tuesday morning...

Clayshootr

If you don't mind me asking, did you get them off GL, auction or sealed bid, or the go#deal? If you do mind ignore. :lol: Welcome to the site.
Sealed bid on GL. I bid on three of them hoping to get one. The one I didnt win had a ~ $5000 bid on it.
I really liked the fact that my wife or brother can help me haul this fall because of the auto trans and low range. I am the only one with a Class A CDL.

camp9

Sealed bid on GL. I bid on three of them hoping to get one. The one I didnt win had a ~ $5000 bid on it.
I really liked the fact that my wife or brother can help me haul this fall because of the auto trans and low range. I am the only one with a Class A CDL.
We farm for a living too, cattle and crops. Yes, your going to love that truck for what your going to do with it.

michigandon

It was about a 2025 mi round trip and the truck ran great. Both trucks had under a 100 mi on them since rebuild. The only minor annoyance that I had was a shaking about 45 - 50 mph. Dont know what that is about.
A lot of those Camp Shelby trucks have looked like pre-rebuild junkers to my inexperienced eyes, but I am pleased to see that there's some jewels there, AND that somebody on this board scored a couple!

Hope they serve you well. [thumbzup]

Hank Elrod

Clay, how did your trucks work out for you? I also farm and am in the process of buying 2 as well. I would like to use them for pulling forage wagons on road, a single hopper grain trailer, a 30 or so flat bed for hauling hay, and a small van trailer to nurse the planter. I am looking forward to using a bigger and safer truck to especially pull them wagons.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks