• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M932 oil tank location

Crash_AF

Up on the deck behind the spare tire carrier and it looks like the same one as the cargo truck. There are two of them in Rancher's Supply's salvage yard, both Air Force and both REALLY rusty... I'm not sure where these things spent time, but they are swiss cheese.

I'll try to get pics when I go back down there to get the front bumper for my wrecker.

Later,
Joe

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, they were mounted in two locations depending upon the model of your truck. On the M931/M932s (NDCCs), the tank was mounted between the passenger side fuel tank and the mud flap. On the A1 and A2 trucks, it was mounted behind the cab as Joe points out. It depends upon which truck you have. I have owned both trucks and know this is the case for a fact.

hot rod deuce

Thanks alot guys.

A1 truck.

joe that pic would be awsome if its not too much to ask.....

At lest if its the same as a cargo truck a guy could find one. I think I could make the braket very close with the pics as long as its simple bends and dosent look like the hood.

does any one still own a 932A1 or A2 I could sneek a peek at? see how the lines are ran. I think I have a road trip coming.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dave Rattlehead has Bruce's old 932A2. I bet he would get you some pics.

John Jwaller has my 932A2 so you might ask him too.

hot rod deuce

Thanks alot Bruce.

No wonder I couldnt see it on any of the pictures on the net.

Im actualy thinking about using the pto pump to run a hydo neck on our 65 ton trail king. I think Im going to have to come up with a bigger tank, because ill be using it for more than just expansion.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HOT ROD DEUCE: I wonder if you could remove the rear cat walk and mount a tank beneath it. This is where the tank is mounted on a 5 ton dump. I bet you can fab something up so it will look stock to the casual observer...if you care about that.

hot rod deuce

Hey, thats a good call. I was just looking at your picture thinking about on top but I kinda wana keep it factory. I could always put the little one on if I add a winch just as a dummy to make it look right.

under would be the ticket.

hot rod deuce

Un....no....Im afraid not.

When it hit the "done" for now stage I played with it for the summer and put her to bed for the winter. Dont worry, its well protected.

BUT if you watch Wreckreation Nation on discovery you might see some ;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks