• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M932a1 Rear Brakes Stuck

dabtl

I have no idea what I am doing with this. The brakes appear stuck at the rear. Never worked on brakes such as this before.

Any ideas on where to start?

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this sounds off the wall, but make sure your vent on the front services side glad hand is open and it is working.
If there is a ball valve there open it. the truck needs to vent out the front service glad hand when you release the brakes.
It happened to me and that was the problem.
If you drain all the air out of the truck and then air it back up does it work ok then?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Are the spring brakes set, thought the 939 series vent out the stack among other places but not the front glad hand like the 39 and 809 do/

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chock the wheels; release the brakes; Bang the shoes with a small sledge. They should release. The tractor brakes are more prone to stick due to exposure to rain, thus rusting to the drum.

Jeepsinker

X2. I use a ten pound sledge though. I have 22 of these trucks here and this is a constant fight. If you do use a ten pound hammer, don't use a full swing or you'll damage the drum.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As mentioned above - bang with the sledge, put it in gear, rock it a bit and see if will break loose, repeat as necessary. Be gentle with the "put in gear" and rocking part.
One of my 931's does this almost every time I drive it, the other has never stuck.

Cheers

dabtl

OK, face palm self, remembering when the M35 starter would not engage. Push starter button tap with ball peen hammer, truck starts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks