• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M932A1 transfer case servicing

rrrr

I've been through the TM's and I just want verification before I start. No help there.

In the picture; item 3 is the transfer case drain. Item 2 is the servicing plug.
Item 1 is a magnetic plug that doesn't seem to have a opening to service.

Item 2 is a 5/8 square nut instead of the 1/2 drive plug like items 1 and 3.

sorry about the poor picture.

Remove item 2, square nut type plug, and service until fluid comes out. Correct ?

Attachments

Barron

That will work. When I serviced mine, everything was low. I ended up using 3 gallons of 80/90 from front to back, kinda surprised me.

rrrr

Thanks, two axles where good, looked like new oil, one very low. The 5/8 square nut plug it really on there and I just wanted to make sure before I really bang on it good. The transmission has fresh oil as well. I'll be changing that over to dextron 3.

Barron

I ended up using 5 gallons and part of a case. that was for a fill, and flush & refill. I found out you can drain more out if you let the truck sit for a few days, the torque converter drains down to around half maybe after time. after sitting, it showed maybe 3 inches above full on the dipstick, versus a lot less after it's run and warmed up. sure makes it shift smoother.