• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M932A1 with shorter drop side deuce bed

rrrr

Got two replacement corner bolts and nuts for the two that were bad. Installed those and rewelded the little steel ring retainers so they won't fall off. I think I have a line on a new cover to cut down so waiting to see if that happens.

Hopefully weather will cooperate so I can grind the welds and prime and paint the bed for a finished look. I hate when work gets in the way of the really important stuff;)

emr

I shortened a cover once because i had a wreckerset # 7 in back and wanted 1/3rd bed covered, i had a new 3 color vinyl with attached end curtains, I cut off the back end curtain folded under the the cover untill desired length and put a rope thru while i was folding under when it was just 1 ft past the last bow I pulled the rope and it looked and worked just like a regular ol canvas curtain with no end covers attached, it folded over just nice, the other bows held the curtain under, just a temp thought for U unitll u get a nice one the right size, :)

rrrr

I thought about that. Found a local guy that has the right equipment that will cut and sew to length a cover for $75. Not too bad for a custom fit cover. Now I just need to get with papacom and get the stuff !

indy4x4fab

Banned
Now I just need to get the cover from papacom and repaint the troop seats.
I can help with that, Treessw will be going past him on his way to me, and me and sparking are planning on making a trip out to glens scrap yard to get my tires and drop off us tow bar that i need to get back from you. Make sence to you. just toss us a couple bucks for the fuel.

rrrr

I can help with that, Treessw will be going past him on his way to me, and me and sparking are planning on making a trip out to glens scrap yard to get my tires and drop off us tow bar that i need to get back from you. Make sence to you. just toss us a couple bucks for the fuel.

Actually I'm going to meet up with papacom on Saturday after I go to the show of shows in Louisville. Thanks for the offer anyway.

rrrr

Got the camo top kit from popacom. Today's weather looks great so out to do some painting and get the tow bar mounted on the front of the bed !

rrrr

No other pics. Not hard just used two front shackle mounts that I cut off the 3rd mounting hole. I used 7/8 x8" bolts to mount the bar on the shackles.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a nice and effective use of space between the bed and spare tire/utility box rack. Ingenious mounting points[thumbzup]. Which bed lining product did you use? Did you sand/media blast prior to application or apply straight up? I have been wanting to do that since I got the truck.

rrrr

Plasticoat bedliner in the 1 gallon pale. I used a variable speed buffer with 80 grit sand paper to knock off the rust and loose paint and create a surface for the liner to grab on to. I put it on with a paint roller.

srodocker

that towbar mount is awesome. how long is the truck compared to a full length deuce? about same size? or little long because of the nose?

about the towbar mount how is the lunette secured? is the bolt through it as well?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks