• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M932A2 CTIS 5 solid lights

ValleyA

The CTIS selector on my M932A2 always shows five solid lights. This condition doesn't exist anywhere that I can find in the TMs. All the trouble shooting steps seem to be based on other light configurations showing. Does anyone have a suggestion as a place to start trouble shooting? I did disconnect with battery off and reconnect but it didn't change anything.

zout

5 lights Flashing
system shuts off at least one channel due to fault detection on aCTIS component.• System closes wheel valves.• System may periodically cycle PCU to determine if fault stillexists.• On 2-channel systems, operation may be allowed on the
unaffected channel.• Get service at next opportunity.
• No ability to override system.

Check out the Spicer CTIS troubleshooting manual:
Spicer​
® CTIS
(Central Tire Inflation System)​
Troubleshooting Guide​
AXTS0015​
July 2010

Last edited:

PSturg66

By anychance, do you have 1 light flashing just after startup, then all 5 light up? I am thinking you have a (major) leak in the system, when the CTIS does its pressure check, it shuts the system down. As a precaution, don't disconnect then connect the controller while the vehicle is running.

ValleyA

Lights are solid. They do not flash.

5 lights Flashing
system shuts off at least one channel due to fault detection on aCTIS component.• System closes wheel valves.• System may periodically cycle PCU to determine if fault stillexists.• On 2-channel systems, operation may be allowed on the
unaffected channel.• Get service at next opportunity.
• No ability to override system.

Check out the Spicer CTIS troubleshooting manual:
Spicer​
® CTIS
(Central Tire Inflation System)​
Troubleshooting Guide​
AXTS0015​
July 2010

ValleyA

By anychance, do you have 1 light flashing just after startup, then all 5 light up? I am thinking you have a (major) leak in the system, when the CTIS does its pressure check, it shuts the system down. As a precaution, don't disconnect then connect the controller while the vehicle is running.
Not that I have seen but I will check this morning and see if it happens like that. I followed the TM procedure of only unplugging when engine was off and battery switch was turned to off.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
You have a leak on the fill side. When the system sees 120psi in the tanks it does a pressure test. The pressure test is probably detecting no pressure since there is a major leak somewhere. Get someone to stand by the each tire one at a time especially the back ones and unplug the control and plug it back in it will do the pressure test you need to find where the air is leaking from and go from there. Sometimes the lines going from the quick release valves to the wheel hubs will dry rot and leak so check them too. You can use windex to spray on places to find leaks if you can hear it but not feel or see where its coming out. If it is whining really loud like an alarm and there is grease on the hole of the quick release valve then you have a bad wheel seal.

ValleyA

Thank you. I will start down that path.

You have a leak on the fill side. When the system sees 120psi in the tanks it does a pressure test. The pressure test is probably detecting no pressure since there is a major leak somewhere. Get someone to stand by the each tire one at a time especially the back ones and unplug the control and plug it back in it will do the pressure test you need to find where the air is leaking from and go from there. Sometimes the lines going from the quick release valves to the wheel hubs will dry rot and leak so check them too. You can use windex to spray on places to find leaks if you can hear it but not feel or see where its coming out. If it is whining really loud like an alarm and there is grease on the hole of the quick release valve then you have a bad wheel seal.

PSturg66

Also, listen for your pneumatic controller to function. If you are 5 lights solid from the start, I would say the controller is toast. If the controller is good, just after starting, the controller will blink 1 light, maybe 2 until it does the pressure check. Then if there is a bad leak, it goes5 lights binking.

PSturg66

If you have 5 solid, I would bet it is the box. Listen for the pneumatic controller to function, it should click initiating the pressure test. Upon start up, are your lights going solid or do you have 1 maybe 2 lights blinking at first? Something else that you can do, make sure your tire pressure is correct all the way around. That wont fix your box, but you will be safe. If the box does turn out to be bad, just disconnect it until you can get another one. If you dont have a leak in the system, your tires will stay inflated.

ValleyA

Upon start up, are your lights going solid or do you have 1 maybe 2 lights blinking at first? Something else that you can do, make sure your tire pressure is correct all the way around. That wont fix your box, but you will be safe. If the box does turn out to be bad, just disconnect it until you can get another one. If you dont have a leak in the system, your tires will stay inflated.
Verified today that it goes straight to five the very first time it lights up. I manually check the tire pressures before each trip. I have two tires that are sometimes low but never terrible.

ValleyA

Just to follow up on this incase somebody finds the "5 solid light" condition in the future. I bought a controller from another member that was parting out a truck. Plugged in new controller everything works great.

wmmscott

My suggestion would be to remove all of the plastic tubing used in the system and throw it away. Then, clean out all of the fittings, and put it back together using new tubing. You'd be surprised what a small amount of dirt can do to mess up the system. It's just like any other part of your truck. You need to maintain it. The tubing is much cheaper than the CTIS as a cheap start option.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks