• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M934 licensing requirements in Florida

Z71

Can someone tell me what class driver's license is required in Florida to drive a M934 van truck with air brakes (I assume it has air brakes). I believe it can be registered as a motorhome in Florida. Any other registration to minimize the annual tag renewal fee in Florida?

Z71

Class c. Register it as historic vehicle
Does this mean a commercial class C driver's license is required? Why ClassC? Class C CDL is for buses and plackarded trucks hauling hazardous materials. Regular non commercial driver's license is class E license and that's good enough for driving a deuce. I thought that having an air brake endorsement with a noncommercial class E license would suffice.

http://www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/dlclass.html

Last edited:

TwistedOaks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Requires nothing more than standard license. Register as a Classic or an Antique. No different than an old pickup truck unless you're using it for commercial purposes.

dilligaf13

He's asking about drivers license requirements, in the state of Florida, not registering his vehicle. Do yourself a favor and get your Class A CDL, if you plan on driving a M934 (yes it has air brakes), because it will help you from a law enforcement stand point and also with your familiarity of how the equipment functions. You can try to drive on your class E but if you get stopped by FHP or DOT good luck on explaining your way out of the criminal citation. I'm sure plenty of people on here will tell you different but the risk versus reward is on you (because when you get stopped or in an accident they won't be the one with their tit in the wringer).

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only way to get away with driving a vehicle weighing more than 26k lbs with a class e license is for it to be registered as a RV. Other wise you need a class b cdl.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool, so far from the answers posted, you have 4 or 5 choices... :deadhorse:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks