• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M934 Recovery WRAB

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I won an M934 Expansible Van from WRAB last Friday and my Special Transport driver will pick it up tomorrow from WRAB.

I was in a quandry today because I've never seen one and had no idea what the measurements are for that rascal but I found the box data on the data plate from the GL pic and had Zout's 923 to measure from the ground to the frame and it appears it will fit just fine on the landoll.
Plus I have the oversize permit up to 14'6" high just in case.

I'm not exactly sure why I want it...but I do so...I guess I'll post some pics tomorrow evening when she gets to the compound.

The GL video says she starts/runs/drives and shows her moving around the lot.

Attachments

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well poop...I tried to search for the TM on here but I suck at searching so I just went for broke. My driver MAY have to let some air outta the tires cause the landoll deck sits 36 inches from the ground.:oops:

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well poop...I tried to search for the TM on here but I suck at searching so I just went for broke. My driver MAY have to let some air outta the tires cause the landoll deck sits 36 inches from the ground.:oops:
Im not ragging on you for not looking in the TM..I'm just stating where I got my information from incase I'm wrong.:doghead:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Im not ragging on you for not looking in the TM..I'm just stating where I got my information from incase I'm wrong.:doghead:
No Sir... I didn't take it that way...and I REALLY did try to find the TM...and I REALLY DO suck at trying to search on here.
I thank you for the info.

My driver knows to measure anything that looks close and take corrective action...even if he has to take the wheels/tires off...because HE will pay any fines etc.!!!

phil2968

I hope it makes it to the Ga rally! It would make a fine place to sleep just like it is. But I know you'll need another driver to get it there and back, sigh.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OMG things are getting crazy in the south. Vehicles are flying off the shelves and landing at CAMO, Zouts DZ and more. That looks like a very, very nice addition to the fleet.

What about the command car?

zout

Interesting - your box sits 11 ft 8 inches - I think once we measured the 109 box on top of the soon to be M909 will be 12.9 to the top
of the roof ac unit.

I tried talking PB into making drive up ramps for it - so he can haul his WC around in it. Just hope he does not fill the box with air and try to sell it off.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I really don't have a plan for the truck but it should be here in about an hour so I guess I better start thinking about a plan...LOL:papabear:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really don't have a plan for the truck but it should be here in about an hour so I guess I better start thinking about a plan...LOL:papabear:
I got a plan, I'll come down this weekend with the northern attack crew and drive it back up to North GA for safekeeping :)

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be a nice bunk truck for you and 11 of your best friends...........

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well she's here and as far as I'm concerned it was money well spent!!:-D

My driver had to sorta "lower the profile" to get under the permitted 14'6"...LOL.

The engine is quiet and runs so smooth and the trans shifts so easy ya can barely feel it!!

It was blistering hot at the compound this afternoon but Troy just HAD to try out the expansion system on one side at least...that works very smooth as well!!

The AC/heater units are still in the box but we were afraid to mess with em. Looks like ya need a genny for power??
(I know Doghead....RTFM...and I will...eventually).

Anyhoo...here's a couple of pics:

Attachments

Last edited:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Way to go PB!:papabear: Looks sharp! I'm positive you'll come up with some sort of "plan" for her! I've been looking at M925s and now, I'm jealous!:mrgreen: Nice addition to the fleet! Mobile command center for the business if lack of power or bug out situation occur? NICE!
God bless,
Tony

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Way to go PB!:papabear: Looks sharp! I'm positive you'll come up with some sort of "plan" for her! I've been looking at M925s and now, I'm jealous!:mrgreen: Nice addition to the fleet! Mobile command center for the business if lack of power or bug out situation occur? NICE!
God bless,
Tony
That's sorta what I had in mind when I first saw the truck!:beer:

When my terminal HQ burned in 2007 we had no where to go so we towed the old missile launch trailer up and set up shop...all in one afternoon!
This truck would have made that so much simpler/better.

I believe in being prepared...for almost anything.:-D

TehTDK

So the entire "middle" bit can slide out and thus obtain more internal space like those swanky slide out camping trailers?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
No...only the sides slide/crank out (see pic 3) then the upper half of the inner wall flips up to make a roof for the extension and the lower half folds down to make the floor. Both sides "slide out" 3ft each making the "room" 14ft wide and 17ft long...that's quite an area!!

Looks to me like expanding the van is the easy part...getting it leveled and shored up takes a little more time/effort.:naner:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can I sleep in it the night before the Rally. That is of course if the pool table and hot tub will be installed by then. If you paint it black, I will give you some of that special paint so the drones cannot see or track you.

:doghead:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks