• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m934a2 details

lordsporkton

I'm really interested in the m934a2 as a toy hauler. I know many have said that a civilian truck would be better for many reasons but i have my heart on this.
I'm open to other options besides the m934, such as a m146 box bolted onto the back of a 939 extra long chassis or other such things.

I have tried to find the below info but just havent really been able to come up with it via posts or TMs.

What are the inside dimensions of the 934 box when closed up? one possibility im considering is just using it in its closed form and not bothering with the slides

I understand the sides of the slide out are made of plywood and they are usually messed up from moisture. where are they stored? i was unable to identify where they are when the slides are closed? couldnt they just be replaced with metal or new pieces?

what is the weight capacity of the slide out floors when extended?

are there any known brake upgrades short of installing a whole different axle? Im of the understanding that the brakes are adequate but not stellar.

Thank you for any information or thoughts on this.

Lawrence

Bigjohn066

I just got mine, but the sides foldup. The floor pulls up and they tops pull down. I had a tag showing that ABS was added to it in 2003. I will have to go out and measure the inside to get the size when closed.014.jpg015.jpg
these are two pictures I found on line. I know it's 14' when extended. It's really high in the back 5', so not sure how you would load until a extremely long ramp. Inside closed is 83 inches and the door opening is 54.5 inches

lordsporkton

I was thinking a very long ramp or having an aftermarket lift gate installed. Either is an option.

Awesome, thank you. So 83 inches between the inside of the walls with the slides shut. Which means at 6'1" i could sleep sideways in the trailer with no issue at all. I need to get some chalk out side and do a mock up of the space to see how I can set things up.
And thank you for the door opening also, it looks like the side by side i wanted is 64inches which means i would have to make some attempt at widening that door or just stick to dirt bikes maybe.

lordsporkton

Another idea ive had was to create some way to jack up the box and give it quick disconnect from the chassis so that I could jack it up and drive out from under it, leaving it in place and even lowering it while i go have fun in the truck

lordsporkton

Well that was certainly an interesting thread to read.
Yes it does give a good bit of info. It also confirms my ideas that converting the flip outs to slide outs is reasonably possible, at least on paper. I would echo a lot of the sentiment from that thread about how difficult it is to work the expanding sides or put anything on them. A more traditional slide out situation would be much preferred. I was also wondering about the insulation and swapping of various parts like a 400lb AC unit for a more economical and lighter weight modern model. So far as I understand the whole ceiling is set up in such a way as i could rig "central air". I think the over cab section would make a wonderful place for a generator and an all-in-one HVAC unit. Another idea would be water storage up there. Ive been thinking about using water storage up high, on roof or something. It would mean i dont actually need the water pump for simple things like hand washing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks