• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M935 A2 - just brought it home - and took for first ride

Fastfunco

Just picked up a real CreamPuff- only 114 miles on her after a military rebuild in the sum of 89K
took out on first journey yesterday - 389 miles and half the day was on my ranch where there are no trails yet--
unbelievable what these things can do!!
my problem is-- in order to unlock the brakes - i have to hit the Emergency Spring Bypass Control-

I took a known good switch and installed it-- but same issue??

any ideas??

also

where is the oil pressure sender on these 8.3 turbo Cummins motors- need to check oil pressure-- its too low and i suspect the gauge and sensor are not right for each other- IMG_0242.jpgIMG_0250.jpgIMG_0214.jpg

Thanks in advance

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The spring brakes are released though a air switch worked by the emg. brake lever.

ALSO from the site rules.

"• Do not post in all CAPS or in giant run-on sentences without punctuation. Do not post as if texting and do avoid the use of texting abbreviations. We are not the grammar police but we want everyone to easily read your post in at least 8th grade English. It is extra work to post proper sentences from a smartphone but the result will be greatly appreciated. Please do your best to use capitalization, proper spelling and punctuation. It makes it easier for everyone to read"

Fastfunco

The spring brakes are released though a air switch worked by the emg. brake lever.

ALSO from the site rules.

"• Do not post in all CAPS or in giant run-on sentences without punctuation. Do not post as if texting and do avoid the use of texting abbreviations. We are not the grammar police but we want everyone to easily read your post in at least 8th grade English. It is extra work to post proper sentences from a smartphone but the result will be greatly appreciated. Please do your best to use capitalization, proper spelling and punctuation. It makes it easier for everyone to read"
Yes I am aware of this. However- If the spring brake emergency control knob is pulled out as it should be-- when I release the Brake Lever - truck will not move till i push in the emergency brake control on dash- then the brakes release-

sure wish I could figure this out!!

chadande

My e-brake occasionally exihbits this behavior as well. I thought I fixed it when I replaced the vent on the front service gladhand which was clogged, but it still happens from time to time. I suspect the air switch with the wheel on the e-brake handle is the prob?
Any other ideas?

chadande

I just went out and took a look. It looks like the oil pressure sending unit is on drivers side of engine block towards the rear. The thing sticking straight out with the wire connected to it.
Looks just like the one on my old duece.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Fastfunco

Thank you very much- yes it is there - and I have a 60 psi sender and a 120 psi gauge-- actual pressure hot is 25 idle - 70 full speed

As for the Air Brake problem-- Grimlins!!!! Put it back together and it operates normally!

Thanks to you guys who helped out-- much appreciated!!

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Something to keep in mind - The spring brake button on the dash has no normal civilian counterpart - Its basically a way to cage and un-cage the spring brakes from the cab. As far as I can tell, its main purpose is to add complexity to the 5 ton. :)

The parking brake dash button commonly found on air brake equipped trucks would have its military counterpart in the roller switch that the parking brake lever trips as you pull it up.

Perhaps your roller switch is staying "on" for some reason...

goldneagle

Actually it sounds like the parking brake is fine. (since the brakes released when he used the spring brake override switch on the dash and the brakes released) Maybe the air lines feeding the parking brake/spring brake lever are plumbed in wrong. (either at the lever or under the truck where they lead.)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks